Dachis Group posted about 5 years ago
FullTime | Austin, TX
Dachis Group is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our growing team in Austin, TX. The QA Engineer is a member of the Quality Assurance team and will be responsible for all aspects of product testing including test planning, documentation, execution and reporting. Manual testing is required and is a major component of the position's responsibilities, but the ability to automate testing of web applications is also required, as you will be supervising a team of offshore test developers writing tests using the Selenium 2.0 Java api.
The QA Engineer must support fast-paced delivery of software using an Agile-like development methodology, where production deployments occur multiple times per week, with the end goal of continuously, automatically delivering code into Production.
In return, we offer an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and informal working environment in downtown Austin. You'll also have the opportunity to work alongside a bunch of knowledgeable and passionate people, joined together by a desire to help change the way people connect, communicate, participate, and engage. This is an awesome opportunity to join a rapidly growing, profitable startup, and contribute in a meaningful way.
- 4 years Quality Assurance experience
- Proficient in UNIX/Linux
- Experience testing applications deployed to UNIX/Linux environment
- Working knowledge of SQL (mysql or postgresql)
- Mastery of Agile QA methodologies, best practices and standards
- Experience testing multi-tiered J2EE web-based applications
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal direction
- Ability to independently gather and research needed information
- Knowledgeable of web application technologies and how they work
- Ability to quickly learn and ramp up on complex applications, understanding their interactions with integrated products and how they operate within the overall system
- Critical thinking about product behavior and user impact
Desired Skills/Experience (not required):
- Experience with Jira issue tracking tool
- Experience with Mercurial source control
- Experience with bitbucket
- Experience with Selenium RC, Selenium 2.0
- Experience working with or supervising offshore development and testing resources