Manager, Business Strategy and Development Job
American Express posted almost 5 years ago
FullTime | New York City, NY, USA
Responsible for supporting the Vice President/GM of Global and Advisory Sales in developing strategic objectives and business plans. In this highly visible role, the Incumbent will assist the VP/GM in overall management of the Global sales organization, including; support business reviews; analyze key performance reports and track scorecards for goal achievement; manage business planning activities (build pipeline forecasts, monitor performance, improve processes); organize and develop content for leadership team meetings; and manage rewards and recognition programs.
VP/GM will rely to the Manager to run analytics and reporting to identify underlying issues and trends, designing solutions to address issues and project managing initiatives to drive improvements.
Examples could include initiatives to; increase revenue, reduce expenses, develop the team, retain talent. Position requires the Manager to partner closely with the Sales team and other key business partners throughout the Business Travel organization including; Field Effectiveness, Finance and HR.
- Strong leadership, strategic thinking, and analytical skills required
- Must have qualified and relevant experience in a Sales / Project Management / Business Development environment
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build relationships and to influence without authority in order to drive results through complex global organization
- Proven decision making and problem solving capabilities
- Strong financial acumen, including experience managing budgets is required
- Ability to analyze and assess raw data to draw meaningful conclusions
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to effectively engage and communicate when faced with diverse working styles
- Strong project management, coordination and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Coordinating annual SQP development cycle
- Comfortable with ambiguity; ability to forge ahead when no clear path exists
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Undergraduate required; MBA preferred