What is the salary range? Thank you!
Sr. Lead Mechanical Engineer
Nuve, Inc posted about 4 years ago
FullTime | Austin, TX, United States
Sr. Lead Mechanical Engineer
Nuve is seeking a talented, senior-level, hands-on, mechanical engineer to join our team in Austin, Texas. This is your opportunity to be a single digit employee at a promising, well-funded company with global potential.
About the Job
We are looking for a Sr./Lead/Principal Mechanical Engineer that can make a huge impact on our dynamic, fast moving business. You’ll be helping us design, prototype, pilot, and mass-produce the next-generation of sensors, controls and communications systems for our business. The ideal candidate will help drive innovation into the Nuve portfolio of products. You must be creative engineer who can understand and solve our customers’ asset protection challenges and understand the importance of putting solid engineering process in place to support the company’s rapid growth. This person will have a high level of analysis, design and application skills. You will be involved in all areas of product design such as mechanical, thermal, manufacturability, serviceability and reliability. You must be well versed in the core mechanical engineering analytical skills in order to affect system-level decisions. You should also be able to understand and articulate cross-functional dependencies.
We’re looking for an engineer who is self-motivated, resourceful, and enjoys the accountability that is expected from early-stage team members. The ideal candidate will have experience in and will be able to demonstrate an aptitude for:
- Enabling designs of complex systems backed by thorough engineering analysis.
- Transferring designs into high-quality, volume manufacturing, and supporting manufacturing partners and their suppliers in process development and validation.
- Leading the process for gathering and documenting requirements from customers and stakeholders.
- Engaging suppliers and technology partners to ensure optimal technologies and components are designed in.
- Generating IP to protect the company’s innovation.
- Documenting designs, manufacturing specs, BOMs, and AVLs to enable volume manufacturing.
- Getting his/her hands dirty when taking new products into the field to install and test them in the real world.
- Learning whatever is necessary to get the job done.
- Communicating ideas with clarity and precision.
- Taking responsibility and having pride in their work, and wanting to work with others who do the same.
Qualifications (need some not all):
- Must have a BS or MS degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- More than 10 years’ experience designing, prototyping and testing industrial electro-mechanical solutions with embedded logic and control assemblies.
- Experience in the entire product development process including requirements definition, concept design, detailed design, prototyping, assembly, test and design iteration, and production launch support.
- Must have extensive experience with 3D CAD/CAM software packages.
- Experience with developing products for the automotive and trucking industries is highly desirable.
- Expertise in developing products for heavy-duty and harsh environmental industrial applications is highly desirable.
- Experience with performing failure analysis and quality control to continuously improve product quality.
- Expertise in the areas of design for medium volume production that includes metal works, die casting and injection molding.
- Experience developing test and qualification plans that include temperature, humidity, vibration and electrical stress testing and certification.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) with team members, partners, suppliers and customers.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus as several of Nuve’s customers are in Latin America.
- Experience working in a fast paced startup environment is desirable.
One of my candidates "Eric" was shortlisted and then last week I saw they aren't anymore. Can you confirm if this candidate is no longer being considered and provide feedback?
Is this still a need? If, so what is the salary range?
What is the salary range?
Is there a relocation package for the right candidate?
Is this opportunity currently available??
Hello, Are you still interviewing for this position?
my candidate was shortlisted. Can we get an update on this job posting?
This job is inactive. Please confirm whether the position is filled? My candidate was shortlisted.