Sr Cyber Security Incident Analyst
Global Staffing &Recruit posted over 4 years ago
FullTime | $120,000 | Detroit, MI, United States
The Sr. Cyber Security Incident Response Analyst position at company is a member of the Information Protection and Risk Management team and works closely with other members of the IPRM program to develop and implement a comprehensive approach to the management of security risks at company. The analyst works with security incident coordinators drawn from other teams within IPRM to manage the response to cyber security threats and incidents. This role is responsible for working with other team members in responding to security incidents according to established policies and best practices. Additionally the analyst will be responsible to manage the vulnerability scanning program and function.
• Lead investigations into information security incidents.
• Drive efforts towards containment of threats and remediation of environment during or after an incident
• Perform complex security investigations and root cause analyses.
• Assemble and coordinate with technical teams and third-party vendors to resolve incidents as quickly and efficiently as possible.
• Ensure that all incidents are recorded and tracked to meet audit and legal requirements where necessary.
• Manage company's vulnerability Scanning program and perform vulnerability assessments to identify weaknesses and assess the effectiveness of existing controls
Desired Skills & Experience / Qualifications /Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in information systems or relevant field of study strongly preferred
• Strong understanding of vulnerability scanning and hands on incident response
• Deep understanding of network protocols and troubleshooting
• Deep understanding of server operating systems
• Minimum of 3 years information security specific experience
• CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) Certification a plus
• Technical Competency
• Ability to analyze large data sets and unstructured data for the purpose of identifying trends and anomalies indicative of malicious activity, as well as demonstrated capability to learn and develop new techniques.
• Strong knowledge of current security threats, techniques, and landscape, as well as a dedicated and self-driven desire to research current information security landscape
• Ability to research, develop, and keep abreast of tools, techniques, and process improvements in support of security detection and analysis in accordance with current and emerging threat and attack vectors
• Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) are required
• Excellent problem solving skills and troubleshooting skills with a strong attention to detail
• Ability to interact with personnel at all levels across the organization and to comprehend business imperatives