Human Resource Manager
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for a range of activities relating to employee/labor relations, investigations of internal complaints of discrimination and harassment, management consultation on human resources matters, ADA and FMLA administration, training and development, regulatory compliance, talent acquisition and retention, background checks, new business start-up support. The Human Resources department supports the NE Region and upstate NY which includes 6500 employees.
• Provides guidance, assistance and resolution to managers and supervisors on employee/labor relations as well as harassment and discrimination matters, discipline, company policy and procedure interpretation, collective bargaining agreements, local, state and federal regulations/compliance, leave administration, FMLA, ADA, wage and hour, I-9 compliance, etc;
• Conducts on-site internal investigations often involving highly complex and sensitive employment matters including, but not limited to, harassment and discrimination investigations and prepare comprehensive investigation reports with recommended findings; The ideal candidate should have experience as Employee Relations expert.
• Develops, conducts, and/or coordinates training sessions, seminars, formal presentations and informal roundtable discussions on human resources related disciplines relevant to the employment experience, including topics such as new hire orientation, harassment and discrimination awareness and prevention, FMLA, ADA, discipline, performance management, etc;
• Works with management in the facilitation of employee on boarding and off boarding, including the processing of required paperwork throughout the employee life cycle. Processes background checks;
• Conduct recruitment efforts including posting positions, drafting advertisements, interview candidates;
• Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree, in Human Resources Management preferred, PHR or SPHR preferred;
• Minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years of progressive human resources experience at a generalist or senior generalist level with emphasis on investigations, employee/labor relations;
• Must possess extensive investigative experience;
• Must have worked in a Union environment
• Extensive working knowledge of applicable state and federal laws and regulations relating to compliance, employee relations, collective bargaining, EEO, FMLA, ADA,I-9, wage and hour, worker’s compensation, etc.
• Must be knowledgeable of the principles and practices of human resources management and supervision in a union environment.
• Must have the ability to manage and administer a broad range of tasks including resolving complaints, as well as counselling managers and employees on the interpretation of policies, procedures, and collective bargaining agreements;
• Demonstrated strong presentation, communication (oral, written & negotiation) and interpersonal skills; must have ability to interface with all levels of employees including executive management;
• Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation; up to 50% travel required within the region;
• Language skills-fluency and ability to write in English and Spanish required.
Security Required: No Travel Percent: 0 Relocation Assistance: Yes