This position is responsible for Health, Environment and Safety (HES) Management Systems supporting Plant Operations at two sites pertaining to a 24-hour, 7-day Polycarbonate Sheet Business. The incumbent is responsible for training and documentation, expertise and auditing compliance for process safety and risk management program to meet corporate and regulatory requirements. To accomplish the objectives, the position requires extensive Teamwork with Manufacturing, Engineering, Supply Chain, and Technical Services/New Product Development, NAFTA and Corporate HSEQ personnel internally and federal, state and local regulatory, as well as consulting firm personnel externally.
• Ensure that HSE concerns are given primary consideration in all activities
• Ensure HES Procedures and Practices comply with regulatory and corporate requirements, that associated employee training materials are adequate and provide training directly or through “Train-the-Trainer” as appropriate
• Facilitate process hazard analyses and process safety reviews per Core Process requirements (Leadership and Commitment, Process Safety Management, Incident Notification and Investigation, Employee Health and Safety Management, Management of Change, Inspection and Reliability Performance Management, Environmental Management, Contractor HSE Management, Operations Communication Management, Logistivs and Distribution Safety, Site Security Management, Procurement and Receipt of Goods, Emergency Response Management, Product Stewardship) . This includes creation and management of all required certificates
• Provide technical guidance for process safety management and risk management for new and existing processes, and coordinate all corresponding documentation
• Perform fire protection and loss prevention analysis for all processes, and participate in corresponding audits
• Advise project management on impacts of regulatory issues and provide in-depth, specialized technical guidance for response to these health, safety and environmental issues
• Provide training for understanding and application of these guidelines, standards and inherently safer design techniques
• Participate in audits for compliance to Bayer Corporation/OSHA/NFPA/EPA/MA DEP
• Provide input to insurance reviews of projects and major plant modifications
• Support department goals for Process Safety and Corporate HES
• Provide safety statistics reports, including for key performance indicators, corporate reporting and process incidents. Act as the site Integrated Information System (IIMS) and Global Substance List Online (GSLO) administrator
• Oversee HSE programs relative to Production and Technology, including Lifesavers (Confined Space Entry, Explosion Risk in Hazardous Areas, Electrical Safety, Machinery with Moving Parts, Hazardous Substances, Working at Height, Process Control/Process Analysis Technology Equipment with Hazards, Lifting operations, Excavation Work, Construction/Demolition Work), Job Safety Analysis (JSAs), Job Safe Behavior Observations (JSBO’s), etc. Participate in investigations relative to near hits, incidents and JSBOs
• Perform or coordinate site IH testing, including audiometric testing for existing and new areas
• Elicits cooperation and influences others to achieve HSE goals and objectives and drive continuous improvement in HSE processes and performance
• Facilitate and coordinate all environmental testing for existing and new areas
• Manage site environmental compliance (i.e.: hazardous waste generation and shipment, air emissions, Tier II, etc.).
• Bachelor degree in Engineering, Technical or other HSE related field with 8+ years or MS with 2-6+ years of proven progressive experience in an HSE support role in a manufacturing environment
• Preferred experience with plastics extrusion
• Thorough, proven training and knowledge of associated OSHA regulations.
• Working knowledge of NFPA guidelines
• Demonstrate the ability to read, comprehend and use P&ID’s, material balances, equipment and layout drawings and specifications of complex processes
• Proven experience in performing, facilitating and documenting process hazard analysis using detailed, systematic approaches
• Demonstrated proficiency in Incident Investigation, Root Cause Analysis and Problem Solving
• Demonstrates high level of urgency and adapts to changing priorities
• Influences regulatory agency actions and community outreach activities
• Working knowledge of computers and proficiency with software applications including: Microsoft Office, SAP, Bayer internal applications
• Strong written and oral skills a must and organizational planning a prerequisite
• Project management experience
• Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships at all levels of the organization, supporting P&T Group and HES objectives and management decisions
• Possesses excellent communication and organization skills
• Excellent human relation skills required, generating teamwork and leading or supporting employee teams with all disciplines within the organization.
• Ability to coach and train effectively
• Willing and capable to be a “roll up the sleeves” hands on type person working with employees on the floor in a manufacturing environment
• Bachelor degree in Engineering, Technical or other HSE related field with 10+ years or MS with 4-8+ years of proven progressive experience in an HSE support role in a manufacturing environment
• Plastics extrusion experience.
THE HIRING COMPANY
The hiring company is a global enterprise with core competencies in the fields of health care, nutrition and high-tech materials. Their products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At the same time they want to create value through innovation, growth and high earning power.
Security Required: No Travel Percent: 0 Relocation Assistance: No