Director Communications Asia International Corporate Affairs
Walmart posted about 2 years ago
FullTime | Bentonville, AR
"Directs internal and external and regulatory-driven communications to all stakeholders, as well as media relations for WGL Holdings, Inc. and Washington Gas. Manages the company’s annual Consumer Awareness Campaign and production and maintenance of the WGL Holdings, Inc. /Washington Gas branding/image advertising campaign and compliance messaging in conjunction with Recommended Practice RP1162.
• Directs the Corporate Communications functions, including hiring, evaluating, training, performance management, compensating, motivating, coaching, and developing goals and procedures to ensure the achievement of goals.
• Directs the preparation, dissemination and tracking of external communications, including customer bill messages, safety announcements, handbooks, newsletters, low-income campaign, pipeline safety public service announcements and advertising campaigns geared to customer education. • Manages the Corporate Speakers Bureau program.
• Oversees internal communications, including the employee newsletter and mass email messaging, special notices, communication of corporate scorecard organizational performance goals, maintenance of internal intranet website and maintenance of WGL.com website. • Directs the corporate incident reporting process and maintain an open dialogue with Dispatch and Operations in the event of a natural gas incident. • Directs media relations; serves as primary spokesperson for the company and manages response to print, broadcast and internet-based media inquiries; coordinates internal and external crisis communication efforts and Emergency Communications Reference manual. • Coordinates with WGL business units to prepare news releases, media alerts and letters to editors regarding regulatory activity and policy issues concerning WGL Holdings, Inc., Washington Gas and WGL Energy.
• Participates in annual District of Columbia Public Service Commission (DCPSC), Maryland Public Service Commission (MDPSC) and Virginia State Corporate Commission (VASCC) education/communications audits and inspections through maintenance of electronic and physical support documentation; manages and maintains the Customer Choice (DC, MD. and VA.) education campaign. • Oversees annual preparation, production and distribution of the company’s financial, corporate performance and community service reports. • Responsible for monthly budget maintenance and invoice tracking for Corporate Relations organization. • Represents WGL on committees such as the Virginia State Corporation Committee & Virginia Utility Protection Service. Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field.
• Master’s degree preferred. • A minimum of 10 years of experience in a corporate communications environment; 15 or more years preferred.
• A minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience in a corporate communications environment.
• Experience as the director of a corporate communications function preferred.
• Demonstrated strong analytical and project management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to logically analyze and solve broadly-defined business problems with innovative solutions. • Demonstrated ability to present ideas logically and concisely to diverse internal and external audiences at all organizational levels, both verbally and in writing. • Demonstrated ability to make decisions quickly and effectively and to redirect resources to meet ever-changing business situations. • Demonstrated ability to perform with a high degree of flexibility and resourcefulness.
• Demonstrated track record of achieving desired results. • Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office, for data management, research, analysis and reporting purposes.
• Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners, supervisors, subordinates and peers. Washington Gas policy prohibits employee and applicant discrimination and harassment. Specifically, our objective is to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, physical or mental disabilities, political affiliation, or status as a protected veteran. "