Senior Software Engineer
Bruker Corporation posted over 4 years ago
FullTime | Billerica, MA
- US citizenship and ability to get security clearance
As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
This is a senior software engineer position to support the software development for field portable analytical instruments. This position requires a high-energy self-starter with experience developing desktop software. In addition to software development experience, the ideal candidate will have an understanding of chemistry, physics, or related disciplines.
Other duties may be assigned. The Senior Software Engineer will serve as an individual contributor in different instrument control software projects.
Specific duties include:
- Responsible for the overall architecture, design and implementation of instrument control software and firmware
- Work closely with scientists and other team members to define, clarify and implement key software features
- Design, code and debug control software applications and firmware in C# and C++
- Design, development and implementation of front end graphical user interface, instrument communication, algorithms, networking and data storage components
- Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis
- Software documentation and version control necessary
- Transition software into manufacturing
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science (MS or PhD preferred) in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Minimum 8 years of experience in software development including university work
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be an independent, self-starter with the ability to set goals and achieve them with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with operating systems Windows XP/Vista/7/8
- Extensive experience developing instruments or embedded systems
- System level design experience
- Strong C# and/or Java knowledge
- Strong wpf experience
- Hands-on test driven or code based regression test experience
- Strong understanding of multi-threaded and multi-tier applications
- Familiar with network protocols such as TCP/IP or Instrument Control
- Experience with the full Software Development Life Cycle
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good organizational skills being able to multitask on multiple development projects with shifting priorities
- Ability to communicate with engineers and scientists of other disciplines such as software engineers, physicists, and chemists, both within the project team and with collaborators outside the project group.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export control restrictions.