Archaeologist API - Ft. Bliss, TX
Stell Environmental posted over 3 years ago
FullTime | $60,000 | El Paso, TX, United States
Stell is currently seeking an Assistant Principal Investigator in the El Paso, Texas vicinity for various cultural resource projects in support of upcoming requirements at the Ft. Bliss military installation. Candidates must be able to travel and conduct work in inclement weather and in rugged terrain.
EACH candidate must be a U.S Citizen, have a current driver’s license, be able to pass a background security investigation, and have an original copy of their birth certificate to conduct field activities.
Assistant Principal Investigator
Overview of Responsibilities:
Carry out complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures
• Work on challenging projects with senior staff assistance
• Plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate detailed phases of Phase I, II and III archaeological investigations.
• Fully plan and execute assignments with limited instructions
• Interact regularly with clients to expand work assignments or market in New Mexico
• Nurture and develop existing clients more broadly
• With knowledge and approval of a Project Manager, interact independently with regulatory personnel on routine tasks
• Accompanied by a Project Manager, will participate in client meetings to discuss project requirements, defend work, etc. in terms of specific project issues
• Prepare scopes and budget proposals independently from small/moderate to complex/large projects along with providing subcontractor quotes
• Responsible for Quality Control of all project tasks and products, as well as, assigned tasks and products of technical and administrative staff with moderate supervision
• Work with Laboratory Manager and Production Manager to insure artifact processing, cataloging and analysis and report preparation tasks are met
• A Master's Degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field.
• Completion of an archaeological field school or five years’ experience archaeological experience in southern New Mexico and west Texas.
• Must have, or be willing to obtain, CPR/First Aid certification.
• Solid experience with the application of standard archaeological survey and excavation techniques.
• Prior experience writing reports.
• Strong competency in MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.
• Strong writing and effective communications skills, ability to work on multiple projects, completing all delegated tasks as required by client and within a specified timeline.
• Candidate must be able to work within a group and individual setting, be organized and detail oriented, and possess excellent interpersonal skills in order to provide strong focus and high quality customer service.
Compensation will be determined based on experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
What is the pay rate, Benefits, and is relocation considered ?
Is this position still open?