Environmental Project Engineer
Stell Environmental posted over 3 years ago
FullTime | $62,500 | San Antonio, TX, United States
We are seeking an experienced project engineer to lead environmental compliance projects. The ideal candidate will have substantial experience supporting projects contracted by municipal, regional, and state transportation agencies. Experience with Federal (DoD) and commercial customers is a plus.
Job Description and Requirements:
- Licensed PE in Texas; additional states a plus. Ability to be licensed by comity in NM mandatory; ability in additional adjacent states a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of responsible charge as a licensed project engineer in stormwater management, NPDES compliance, CAA compliance, landfill design and closure, EPCRA reporting, OPA compliance, and/or multi-media compliance projects.
- BS in environmental, biosystems, civil, or other environmental-focused engineering discipline. MS a plus.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training, LEED credentials, CNU accreditation, or EnviroCert certification a plus.
- Valid driver’s license. Must be able to pass security clearances to access DoD work sites.
- Duties: (1) work with clients to understand their compliance needs and develop technical scopes, schedules, and budgets; (2) lead technical execution of projects and direct technical staff on project tasks; (3) prepare, review, produce, and seal plans, specifications, and reports; (4) develop and review environmental documents, studies, calculations, permit applications, and other project deliverables; (5) manage, monitor, and conform level of effort to budget, schedule, scope, and performance goals; (6) select and manage subcontractors; (7) develop scopes and prepare work plans for field investigations, data collection, and survey; and (8) ensure technical quality and safety in all aspects of job performance.
- Required knowledge and skills: 1) excellent written and oral communication skills; (2) multimedia regulatory knowledge under CWA, CAA, EPCRA, SWDA as amended by RCRA, OPA, SDWA, and PPA; (3) TCEQ and NMED application of environmental laws, regulations, and permits; (4) MS Office Suite including MS Project; (5) cost estimating and resource scheduling; (6) application of pollution prevention practices and spill response and control measures; (7) multi-media environmental compliance assessments; (8) municipal and state environmental projects; (9) water or air modeling experience a plus; and (10) knowledge of compliance activities for MS4 permits, the MSGP, and the CGP is preferred.
The successful candidate will interface directly with clients, regulators, stakeholders, team members, and subcontractors. A high-degree of professionalism, competence, and quality in project delivery is essential for success. Project-related travel and field work will be required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
What is the salary range? Will relocation assistance be offered?
Is this still open?
Is the salary negotiable? Also, would the client be willing to accept an experienced candidate in this field, with an engineering degree and several years of experience in this industry, who is in queue to acquire his PE License? I have a candidate who is scheduled to acquire his PE certification in spring 2016.
Is this position still open?