Senior Project Manager/Service Area Leader
We are seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager (PM) to lead our Environmental Compliance Group (Service Area). The ideal candidate will have substantial experience managing environmental compliance and sustainability projects, contracted by the Department of Defense (DoD) and other federal, state, regional, and municipal agencies. Experience with the US Army Corps of Engineers (various Districts, notably those in the Northwest Division – Seattle, Omaha, Kansas City) and other DoD agencies is a plus.
Job Description and Requirements:
- BS in Geology, Engineering, or other science discipline. MS a plus.
- Minimum of 15 years of directly related technical and project management experience providing multi-media compliance and sustainability services to government clients.
- Engineers and geologists are required to be licensed as a PE or PG, respectively, with the ability to be licensed in multiple states. Other professionals are required to be certified or registered as a CEP, REM, PMP, CHMM, LEED, AICP, and/or similar professional designation.
- Requirements: (1) Seasoned consultant in the federal, state, and municipal environmental services markets; (2) excellent writing, communication, and mentoring skills; (3) demonstrated history of successfully working with regulators, clients, stakeholders, and teaming partners as a prime or subconsultant; (4) ability to effectively hire, supervise, and mentor technical staff in various locations throughout the U.S.; (5) experience in managing complex, multimedia compliance projects with an interdisciplinary project delivery team; (6) experience working with clients to identify compliance and sustainability needs and develop project scopes; (7) experience preparing FFP and T&M contract and task order proposals and fee estimates; (8) ability to perform in-depth technical review of environmental reports, studies, calculations, permit applications, and other project deliverables prepared by technical staff; (9) ability to identify compliance and sustainability trends and identify target markets for business development; (10) technical expert in one or more compliance areas; (11) experience establishing project budget, scope, schedule, and performance goals and leading a team in accomplishing the goals; and (12) experience in ensuring technical quality and safety in all aspects of job performance.
- Knowledge and skills: (1) regulations, requirements, and guidance under CWA, CAA, EPCRA, SWDA as amended by RCRA, OPA, SDWA, and PPA and government sustainability, pollution prevention, and waste minimization initiatives; (2) related state environmental regulations and permits in multiple states; (3) MS Office Suite, including MS Project and PowerPoint; (4) cost estimating and resource/project scheduling skills; (5) communicating and negotiating project scope, budget, and schedule with clients; (6) public presentation and meeting facilitation; (7) prioritizing and planning multiple concurrent projects, proposals, and other tasks; (8) internal project performance tracking, budget reporting, schedule management, and workload and billing projections; (9) training technical staff and providing compliance training to clients; (10) client progress reports and invoicing; and (11) identifying opportunities and developing clients and markets.
This is a critical supervisory position that will provide leadership and ongoing mentoring to an established team of professionals. This position will report directly to the Federal Program Manager and will work closely with the manager to grow the environmental compliance service area. The successful candidate will interface directly with staff, clients, regulators, stakeholders, teaming partners, and subcontractors. A high-degree of professionalism, competence, and quality in project delivery is essential for success. Project and marketing related travel is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Is this position still open?