Is exp with Mass Spectrometry a required skill, will experience on any other medical equipment/product help?
Technical Sales Representative-Life Science Mass Spectrometry
Bruker Corporation posted about 4 years ago
FullTime | Detroit, MI, United States
Position could be located in the territory close to a major airport including but not limited to Detroit, Columbus or Pittsburgh.
As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
We are looking for a scientist, with a strong knowledge of mass spectrometry, who would like to share that experience out of the laboratory setting. This person will be responsible for selling Bruker Daltonics’ Life Science Mass Spectrometry products in direct support of BDAL sales objectives in assigned territory (Michigan, Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Western New York and West Virginia).
The Technical Sales Rep Identifies & supports customer base by qualifying & closing sales leads and develops sales skills, product knowledge and market knowledge through independent effort and supervised work. Sales mentoring will be provided.
- Meets or exceeds assigned territory sales target by maintaining & growing sales in current accounts, and identifying & closing business in new accounts.
- Accurately forecasts prospects through sales cycle. Maintains balance & list of prospects that reflects sales targets. Interprets customer needs & identify BDAL solutions. Build s& articulates BDAL value proposition. Understands customer decision making process, and key decision makers & influencers.
- Cultivates key accounts.
- Provides sales territory information, forecasts, reports and other business data through the BDAL management structure.
- Completes a business plan for the assigned territory detailing specific strategies and activities required to achieve goals.
- Identifies & works with internal resources to enhance customer interaction through sales process.
- Maintains & enhances sales skills through technical & sales training.
- Develops & maintains territory database.
- Maintains & enhances technical knowledge on BDAL products, company literature & information, and competition.
- Maintains knowledge to discuss commercial contract terms.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry/biochemistry or equivalent scientific degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Strong background and use of mass spectrometry products required. Bruker equipment knowledge preferred.
- Sales experience in related industry a plus.
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office required. Knowledge of CRM software a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must have & be able to maintain valid travel documentation.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Excellent communications skills needed to work with a wide variety of knowledge levels with customers of differing backgrounds, and within BDAL (e.g. management, service applications).
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and organization skills.
- Ability to decide priorities in a rapidly changing commercial environment.
- Must be able to maintain home office with telephone lines and computer connectivity. Must have flexibility, ability to prioritize and manage differing time constraints: time management is essential. In depth industry knowledge.
- Self-motivation is essential as is a willingness to work with others toward a shared goal.
- Willingness and ability to travel as extensive travel is required. Estimated travel >70%. This is a decentralized sales position so the ability to work independently is required.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export control restrictions.
Since the job involves 70% travelling- can we hunt for the candidates across US or do you have any preferred locations- please specify.