Please provide the salary range.
Application Engineer with PHP focus
Roubini Global Economics (RGE), founded by world-renowned economist Nouriel Roubini, is the leading independent, global macroeconomic research firm in the world. Our team of economists and financial analysts blend their collective expertise with our access to economic policy and market leaders around the world, fuses this expertise with our systematic analysis and modelling to translate economic, market and policy signals into actionable insights for our clients every day. What sets Roubini apart is our holistic approach to the application of macroeconomic principles to financial markets dynamics, which enable our clients to uncover opportunities and mitigate risks to make smarter, more informed investment decisions.
Staff Software Engineer
Roubini Global Economics is seeking to enhance its current engineering team based in New York City with a new Staff Software Engineer to help take ownership of the entire LAMP stack product. This is a new position that will join a team of existing developers, research and market analysts, and designers. We work mostly in PHP, however other mainstream languages are welcome.
If you have extensive experience doing third party integrations, working with REST APIs, custom programming, and are looking for an awesome team environment, then you will definitely be interested in this role.
The staff software engineer will set the standard for coding practices throughout the entire engineering team and will act as a leader and mentor to more junior engineers. The primary focus of the staff engineer will be new product development (building APIs for our proprietary data, custom applications for data analysis and dissemination, 3rd party integrations, etc.) but will also be expected to be involved in production support and testing. We’re a small, agile team and share responsibilities across the software development life cycle. The staff engineer will also be responsible for hardware and system administration.
• Strong leadership and desire to grow into a manager-style role.
• Comfortable with computer hardware and UNIX system administration.
• Willingness to help team members solve problems.
• Write strong documentation and work flow diagrams.
• Comfortable with agile workflow concepts.
• Strives towards top-tier programming practices.
• Strong experience and comfort with continuous integration and test-driven development.
• Excellent customer service skills and positive personality.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience with 3+ years in hard-core software development.
• Bonus: Design and layout skills are a plus.
• Bonus: Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and sales processes are a plus.
• PHP 5.x (We use PHP 5.5)
• MySQL 5.x
• Apache SOLR
• Unix/Linux System Administration
• Custom MVC/MVSC Frameworks
• Console Scripting in PHP
• VMWare ESX Hypervisor
• Bonus: iOS / Android Programming
• Bonus: Python
• Bonus: Adobe Photoshop/Fireworks
Unix administration experience required? OR pure PHP Developer will also be considered? Please advise
still this position open.
What is the salary range please?
What kind of Salary and benefits you provide? do you need local for F2F interview or can hire outsiders on Phone & Skype call?