Java Software Engineer
Raindance posted almost 4 years ago
Contract | | 6 Months Austin, TX, United States
Raindance is seeking a senior software engineer in Austin, TX with experience designing and developing enterprise solutions. The senior software engineer’s primary responsibility is to be an individual contributor for the software projects and products that Raindance delivers to its customers. The ideal candidate is proactive, responsive, comfortable dealing with ambiguity, experienced with software development and has a strong track record of having deployed highly scalable production code.
- Provide technical service and technical leadership to Raindance customers and employees alike.
- Design, develop and maintain high-performance and high-availability software products
- Develop demos, prototypes and artifacts to help define product features/functionality
- Ensure feasibility, functionality and integration with existing systems/platforms
- Work with product management to break down requirements into executable units of work using Agile and Test Driven Development (TDD) techniques
- Work in an organized team oriented environment with shared responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent)
- 3+ years of professional software development
- 5+ years of professional Java development experience
- 2+ years of professional RDBMS experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc…)
- Strong experience in building highly scalable, redundant, available and responsive systems using open source software tools and technologies
- Strong technical leadership and guidance skills
- Outstanding skills at interacting with people, both within the organization (from developers to senior management) and with customers/partners
- Responsible, organized and hard working
- Experience with information retrieval, network programming and/or developing large software systems
- Experience with cloud computing software platforms (e.g. OpenStack)
- Experience with one or more hypervisors (e.g. VMWare, KVM, Xen, etc…)
- Experience with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Experience with message queue systems (e.g. RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Qpid, etc…)
- Experience doing Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI) and test automation.
- Experience with agile development processes
Do benefits apply for this position? Some relocation assistance will be provided?
Possibilities for phone/skype interview exist?
Hello, Is there a possibility of extension of the contract, once this 6 month contract is completed? Thanks!!
Is this opportunity still open?
Is the position still open? Are you looking for Local candidates? Would H1B's work?
Is a L2 plus EAD visa acceptable?
IS this position still open? When you say H1B sponsorship, do you mean that the candidate must already have H1B status or are you willing to accept candidates from outside of the US and sponsor them?
IF F1 status allows candidate to work as a W2 employee, would that be acceptable?