VP of Market Strategy and Product Marketing
Flir Systems posted almost 4 years ago
FullTime | $190,000 | Wilsonville, OR, United States
Note: DONOT Repost in Indeed.com
- Need to see candidates within 2 weeks by June 1st. The response for this job will be much faster.
- Target Base pay is $190k with a 30% bonus. Also we offer a Long Term Incent Stock plan that pays up to $80K annual in addition to base/bonus.
- Limited travel for this role. We will pay their relocation.
- Ensure candidates qualify the "Minium Qualifications: (Must have criteria) " set below in the description.
Ideally the candidate will have background at a high tech manufacturing company, a larger company that is publicly traded would be ideal.
The Vice President of Market Strategy and Product Marketing is the leader of the Surveillance Group Product Management team and is overall responsible to the Surveillance Group General Manager for the group’s product strategy to meet market requirements and grow the business. The team consists of lead product managers for each major market area: Airborne; Land/Maritime (hand helds, vehicles, maritime, weapon sights); and Force Protection. The lead product managers and their teams are located at the facilities responsible for the design and production of most products that address the market, however the lead product managers are responsible for coordination of market definition and product roadmaps across all Surveillance Group.
- Assess market trends and customer requirements through market research, secondary reports, and contact with customers, industry experts, and other business leaders.
- Provide periodic summaries of major market trends to company leadership and the product strategy team, ensuring the team has a current and relevant understanding of the market situation for decision making.
- Recommend and influence business strategy by analyzing business and market trends and development proposals to assure company success in new market areas through internal product development, investing in new technologies, acquisitions, mergers, joint marketing agreements or development of new distribution channels.
Product Roadmap, Technology Insertion
- Develop and communicate the strategic product vision of Surveillance Group.
- Maintain close coordination with the Chief Technology Officer; identify external technologies and internal research for insertion to product developments.
- Develop and manage coordinated product positioning, education of sales force, and communication of development project status.
- Define marketing strategies for current and new products. Coordinate implementation with the Vice President of Marketing and Communications, lead Product Managers, and the Business Development Vice Presidents.
- Develop and manage price strategy and price lists, in close coordination with facility General Managers and Business Development Vice Presidents.
- Lead the definition of product literature, collateral and marketing communication plans for all products.
- Develop market introduction plans, implement sales training and develop sales aids. Support sales in major accounts presentations.
Minium Qualifications: (Must have criteria)
- BS in Science or Engineering.
- MS or MBA preferred.
- 10+ years applicable experience required in product management and/or marketing of complex technical products.
- Successful planning and completion of a major product development project.
- Successful capture of a new major business opportunity.
- Must have the ability to work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Must be able to exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Must have the ability to function in an uncertain environment.
- Interfaces involve matters of importance to the functional area where maintaining effective working relationships is the prime concern.
- Must serve as a liaison on specific projects between functional areas, management and/or customers.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills plus an ability to organize and plan divergent business activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate objectives and gain the cooperation of all company resources.
- In-depth understanding of the relevant technology and business areas.
- Ability to make, justify and promote sound business decisions and strategies.
- Functional capability to communicate and implement product life cycle management tactics.
Is this position still open & accepting resumes?
Does the base pay commensurate with experience?