Intermediate Technologist – Relationship Trading
- We are seeking a highly technical and experienced developer to work on the design and implementation of company Relationship Trading Platform.
- The successful candidate will combine strong hands on system design and development in CORE Java with keen understanding of trader’s needs and excellent collaboration skills.
- You will work directly with product management, clients and the senior management team to drive the development of our client’s Relationship Trading Platform.
- Collaborate with product managers and clients to implement features that improve the usefulness of the Portfolio OMS system.
- Participate in new development to create a unified trading platform which combines various company Trading products.
- Ongoing technical enhancements to the POMS system to increase throughput and reduce latency.
- Deliver software projects on-time, on-scope and on-budget.
- Develop innovative designs that improve efficiency, stability and time to market for our trading products.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related degree.
- 10+ years software engineering experience.
- 5+ years of financial software development experience required.
- Former experience in implementing Trading system / Execution Management/ Order Management / PostTrade for a front-office/ e-Trading is required.
Business / Product
- Experience in one or more of order management (OMS) , execution management (EMS), Order Workflows, Post Trade & Settlement, Matching Engines, GUI.
- Experience in one or more underlying product areas (FX, Equities, Fixed income, futures & options) – FX highly preferred.
- Strong CORE java knowledge with emphasis on efficient, high-performance code.
- Socket programming, concurrent, distributed programming in Java.
- Strong understanding of system analysis and design in multi-threaded applications and messaging systems. Keen understanding of the challenges in multi-threaded development and practical techniques for addressing them.
- Framework Design, Design Patterns for highly scalable, high performing applications.
- Demonstrated experience developing J2EE applications using JDBC, JNDI, JMS and other related technologies.
- Knowledge of common design patterns and their application.
- Experience with, and demonstrated understanding of modern software development and testing methodologies.
- Former C++ experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a small group setting to rapidly develop new products.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly and accurately translate user requirements from traders into technical deliverables w/minimal oversight from product managers and limited documentation of business requirements and functional specifications.
- Build/process management: Maven, Cruise Control, Subversion, Clear case, GIT.
- Internet application development: firewalls, proxies, security.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Client-focused – ability to connect and partner with technology colleagues at our client’s partner banks.
- Team player – willing and able to drive collaborative efforts across the organization to improve product quality, reduce expense and increase productivity.
- Ability and interest in working in a dynamic, focused, energetic and rapidly evolving company.
Experience with the following a plus:
- Agile / rapid application development methodologies.
- Some experience in User Interfaces: Event handlers, SWING, SWT or similar low-latency applications.
Employer avg response time