Can H1B candidates be submitted? who has fixed income, Equities and FX experience along with Swing experience?
- We are seeking a highly technical and experienced developer to work on the design and implementation of the company's Trading System User Interface.
- The successful candidate will combine strong hands on system design and development in Java/Swing with keen understanding of trader's needs and excellent collaboration skills.
- Collaborate with product managers and clients to implement features that improve the usability of the Portfolio OMS and Aggregator Trading user interfaces.
- Participate in new development to create a unified trading platform which combines Relationship trading and Active trading.
- Ongoing technical enhancements to increase throughput and reduce latency.
- Deliver software projects on-time, on-scope and on-budget.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related degree.
- 5+ years software engineering experience.
- 2+ years designing and implementing trading GUI for a front-office/ e-Trading business.
- Experience in order management, execution management, order workflow, order types.
- Experience in one or more underlying product areas (FX, Equities, Fixed income, futures & options) FX highly preferred.
- Event handlers, SWING, SWT or similar low-latency applications.
- System Interfaces: Socket programming, concurrent, distributed programming in Java.
- Strong understanding of system analysis and design in multi-threaded applications. Keen understanding of the challenges in multi-threaded development (e.g deadlocks. race conditions) and practical techniques for addressing them.
- Familiarity with Java 1.5 and the Concurrency package.
- In-depth understanding of the challenges in developing high-throughput, low-latency trading systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a small group setting to rapidly develop new products.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly and accurately translate user requirements from traders into technical deliverables w/minimal oversight from product managers and limited documentation of business requirements and functional specifications.
- Build/process management: Maven, CruiseControl, Subversion, Kovair (or equivalent products).
- Internet application development: firewalls, proxies, security.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Client-focused ability to connect and partner with technology colleagues at partner banks.
- Team player willing and able to drive collaborative efforts across the organization to improve product quality, reduce expense and increase productivity.
- Ability and interest in working in a dynamic, focused, energetic and rapidly evolving company.
Experience with the following a plus:
- Agile / rapid application development methodologies.
- Some experience in User Interfaces: Event handlers, SWING, SWT or similar low-latency applications.
Is the position still open?
Are we considering h1b candidates?
are you providing any relocation assistance for this role?