What type of citizenship for this position as well?
The Enterprise Architect is an expert in the design, development and support of enterprise-wide applications, architecture and technology. Mentors, coaches and educates team members in standard processes, policies and procedures related to enterprise architecture. Creates and enforces IT architectural guidelines, standards, policies and procedures. Researches new technologies in order to solve business problems or enhance the capabilities of the business. Expected to specialize in one or more IT disciplines, i.e. BI, Security, Networking, Applications, etc. The Enterprise Architect keeps up-to-date on current and future IT trends and best practices.
The Enterprise Architect (EA) is responsible for taking the company's business strategy and defining IT systems architecture to support that strategy. The Enterprise Architect links the business mission, strategy, and processes of an organization to its IT strategy, and documents this using multiple architectural models or views that show how the current and future needs of an organization will be met in an efficient, sustainable, agile, and adaptable manner.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Directing the overall strategy and architecture related to enterprise systems and technologies.
- Leads enterprise wide design, research, testing and evaluation of new technologies that improve and enhance Enterprise Systems reliability, availability and serviceability.
- The architect will collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure that technology decisions align with the overall Enterprise Architecture Framework/Roadmap.
- Assessment of new technologies; implementation of POCs; capacity planning; performance tuning.
- Maintaining an organization-wide view of current and future business and application architecture in support of company goals and objectives.
- Identifies business requirements that affect the enterprise architecture and provide solutions that integrate into the overall architectural vision and strategy.
- Provides leadership and expertise in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns and IT best practices.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or relevant experience, coupled with 15+ years of IT and business/industry work experience including substantial senior level technical experience in Enterprise Architecture, as well as 10+ years of professional experience working in an architecture role with at least 7+ years working as an Enterprise Architect.
- Excellent knowledge of database solutions, application services, messaging backbone, application integration and architecture patterns.
- Advanced knowledge of industry best practices in the various aspects of IT, technology trends, enterprise operations knowledge and the ability to develop solutions to implement key business strategies.
- Advanced knowledge of hardware, software, application, and systems engineering.
- Expert knowledge and execution of IT Standards, Policies and Procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of emerging technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of Information Security Awareness.
- Intermediate knowledge of General Project Management Methodology & Tools.
- Expert knowledge of GAF Systems, Applications, & Technologies.
- Minimal to no supervision and oversight required.
- Adherence to performance review and goal setting process.
- Proactively working with manager to identify training needs to expand and improve skills.
- Provide on-the-job training/support to new/other team members.
- Very strong ability to apply feedback received to day-to-day work and strives to improve performance.
- May check on completion/quality of work performed by other team members.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to serve in leadership roles.
- Strong ability to provide coaching and mentoring to other team members on a frequent basis.