Is this position located downtown or midtown? Also how much travel is involved?
Mitchell Martin posted almost 4 years ago
FullTime | $135,000 | NY
The business analyst is responsible for gathering requirements, developing workflow and system specifications, and execution of tasks required to deliver IT solutions in support of applications.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Requirements gathering from the business users and well as developing system specifications for projects, enhancements and bug/issues.
- Work directly with executive level management on the business side to document requirements, review specifications, obtain approval, support UAT and post Production role out.
- Ability to analyze complex Excel/VBA/Access models and translate into requirements for automated system.
- Develop business and technical requirement documents as well as technical specifications.
- Learn new databases and systems to produce specifications needed to create financial and analytical reporting requirements.
- Supporting quality assurance and user acceptance testing.
- Drive solutions via system modifications and/or workflow to implement new processes (automation, regulatory, etc).
- Customer support and guidance.
- Compiling detailed documentation for technical teams (architect, developers, QA, etc) involved to be clear on the nature and scope of the item being worked on.
- Issue resolution/escalation including prioritization and tracking.
- Working with developers to assure specifications are understood and followed.
- Developers included in house development as well as off the shelf software.
- Project Management duties.
- Project management of issues through the entire System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Professional.
- Strong experience in client facing roles with expert skills in requirements gathering with the ability to draw out requirements using a variety of methods to uncover needs that clients would not be able to articulate on their own.
- Ability to communicate technically complex IT concepts to business clients.
- Must have strong business acumen as well as technical solutions expertise.
- 5 to 7 years' experience in the SDLC implementing new applications and major enhancements.
- These include underwriting, financial, statistical reporting and claims systems.
- Experience in data integration and data quality projects.
- Ability to work with technical teams (developers, architects, QA, infrastructure), business partners and software vendors to document and implement system modifications on time and within budget.
- Excellent understanding of how technology impacts the business.
- Excellent team player with a proven background of individual contribution.
- Excellent interpersonal, documentation, communication, and presentation skills.
Required Technical Skills:
- Strong SQL skills to query SQL databases.
- Understanding of XML language.
- Hardware and networking as it relates to system design and implementation.
In addition it would be an asset if your experience included:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in the insurance industry implement new applications and major system enhancements.
- Excellent knowledge of the P&C business and familiarity with a broad spectrum of Insurance applications.
- Proven experience in developing and managing Underwriting and Claims applications.
- Thorough understanding of underwriting process included the policy lifecycle, coverages, rating, etc
What type of Citizenship does the candidate need to have?
Also is there any relocation assistance available?
Hi, what is the status of this position? Thank you.