Director of Underwriting Systems Development
- The Director of Underwriting Systems Development's primary role is to ensure quality development of, and enhancements to, underwriting systems for our client’s casualty insurance operations.
- The Director of Underwriting Systems Development will assist operations management in managing, planning, directing, validating, and implementing underwriting systems projects for the assigned profit centers to support them with achieving their overall business goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee design/development of efficient and innovative business process and workflow requirements/procedures.
- Serve as a liaison between profit center management, business users, IT and vendors to support timely and accurate communication on new system implementations.
- Obtain continued user input about the functionality and efficiency of all underwriting systems to gather business process/procedure information and translate that into project/action plans for timely implementation and post production enhancements.
- Analyze and provide recommendations on the overall structure and implementation of streamlined and efficient underwriting applications for assigned profit centers including, but not limited to: Rating, Quoting, Binding, Policy Issuance, Subjectivity Tracking, Renewal Processing, Endorsement Processing, Systems Integrations, Downstream Reporting, and Compliance.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on identified projects through development and implementation.
- Develop test plans for manual tests to replicate the user experience for all releases.
- Maintain issue and enhancement lists and provide accurate and timely status updates to the Director of Underwriting Systems and senior operations management.
- Participate in user acceptance testing as directed by senior operations management.
- Ensure accurate and compliant implementation of all assigned systems projects.
- Perform research about insurance industry operating business processes and identify industry best practices.
- Bachelor's degree
- 7-10 years of experience analyzing and solving insurance related business processing issues.
- Strong knowledge of insurance industry, products, and operating environments.
- Hands-on experience working with groups to analyze, define, and develop business requirements and workflow processes, including IT related requirements.
- Very strong interpersonal/verbal communication skills and strong writing ability.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage and influence safe work practices.
- Experience working with underwriting platforms/software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Employer avg response time