What type of citizenship does the candidate need to have?
Equities Market Making & Quoting – Senior Trading Engine Developer
- Our client is seeking an experienced algorithmic trading Java developer to help advance its next-generation equity derivatives trading platform and systematic trading tools.
- You will work closely with the Derivatives trading desk and quantitative strategists to design, develop, deploy and support low-latency trading engines for cash, futures and options, primarily for the purpose of automating Derivatives hedging.
- You will also help develop innovative tools to deliver signals and other market intelligence to Derivatives trader desktops, working in partnership with both quants and our time series database team.
- You will work the full application lifecycle in a fast-paced, high-stakes agile development environment.
- This is a hands-on role in a global team doing continuous delivery across many global markets, so you will also have to communicate with global colleagues.
- Expert-level core Java knowledge in a UNIX/Linux environment.
- Track record working in front-office environment with trading and quantitative strategists.
- Experience developing system for automated market making, DMA or Algo trading group in liquid markets (equities, FX, liquid rates, etc.)
- Experience with low-latency messaging middleware pub/sub technologies.
- Experience building FIX protocol-based systems in Java.
- Experience in Equity linked/ Derivatives / ETF products highly desirable.
- Experience with Java/GC/Linux OS level debugging/performance tuning.
- Knowledge of Sybase and tuning techniques along with scripting (Python / Perl).
- C# / C++ / KDB Knowledge would also be an advantage but is not essential.
- Swing GUI development.
Employer avg response time