SAP Basis Administrator
Responsible for administering a global SAP landscape with multiple interfaces. Systems include SAP ECC, SAP Nfe (Nota Fiscal), Enterprise Portal, Solution Manager, BPC, along with others business critical systems. Plans computerized databases, including base definition, structure, documentation, long-range requirements, operational guidelines and protection. Ensures accuracy and completeness of data in master files and various support tools, such as base dictionaries. Establishes and maintains security and integrity controls. Formulates and monitors policies, procedures and standards relating to database management. Proposes and implements enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system. Note: May be internal or external, client-focused, working in conjunction with Professional Services and outsourcing functions. May include company-wide, web-enabled solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with users and IT staff to determine the feasibility and definition of application requirements. Directs, develops, tests, and implements new programs and sub-systems as well as modifies existing programs.
- Evaluates the merits of various data structure and design alternatives needed to support system solutions as dictated by business needs. Maintains data dictionary, structures, and metadata.
- Establishes and maintains system and data security policies in client-server or mainframe environment.
- Strong technical skills in SAP installations, upgrades, system copies, SAP performance tuning, authorization setup, TMS admin, language support, applying patches, backup and restore, etc.
- Knowledge of hardware capacity planning and high availability solutions
- Knowledge of technical infrastructure, networking, and system operations
- Detailed knowledge of SAP security for security audits and certifications
- Provide the technical expertise and support for all production, development, and test environments.
- Basis Support for multi-SAP system landscape.( Client, transport, device, version technical consulting)
- Provide upgrade support for business processes
- Perform performance monitoring and tuning
- Support Disaster Recovery planning
- Provide guidance on SAP System landscape planning and software version selection
- Perform duties of system administrator in a Windows Server environment and SQL DB.
- Collaborate with or direct other IT personnel and users at other company locations to design, develop, and support enterprise level business solutions
- Performs other IT related tasks as required
Education and Experience: (Qualifications and/or Requirements)
- 10+ years SAP Basis experience with SAP, with a primary focus on implementations involving ECC
- BA/BS Degree required
- In-depth Basis, DB (MS SQL) experience
- Hands on experience with ABAP and Java stack, BPC, and Netweaver Portal
- Production support and project experience
- Must have solid project management experience, strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of SAP Best practices
- Must have ability to interact with all levels and work on multiple projects simultaneously with minimum of supervision
- General functional understanding of SAP manufacturing environment
- Experience with globally utilized SAP systems using multiple languages
- Must be able to research and analyze solutions to technical issues associated to SAP implementations/Support and communicate solutions and impact to management
- Ability to work in a decentralized Basis team environment
- Experience with SAP ERP, SAP Solution manager and SAP Business Warehouse along with knowledge of their integration points
- Experience with SSO, SLD, ESR, Content server, etc.
- Experience in a multiple system transport environment
- Ability to analyze and apply OSS notes and corrections to SAP system
- Must be able to analyze monthly system alerts and reports, as well as communicate impact and solutions to management
- Assist in performance and system test planning, support execution and provide guidance on parameter settings for business processes
- Must be able to support technical upgrade functions for and support upgrade test planning and execution
- Must be able to define, execute, analyze and assess infrastructure and technical functions of newly built systems(integrity checks)
- Must be able to define, execute, analyze and assess System Restore integrity checks
- Must be able to define, execute, analyze and assess shutdown procedures
- Must be able to support project team with background job monitoring
- Must be able to manage device setup in a global environment
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder