The Decision Support Architect at Daman is an expert in defining the user interface layers for all data/information needs of a corporation. The value comes from his/her ability to understand the businesses information needs and then navigate those needs to the appropriate data and UI design. This person works with the business in gathering the information needs and KPI definitions, Integration Specialist to help identify the appropriate sources for the information, with the Data Designer to optimize the design for availability, flexibility, and define the data (information) delivery layer for consumption by the business. In this specific role, the candidate will provide the technical leadership for everything as it relates to the deployment, configuration and use of the Tableau technology for developing data delivery infrastructures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Translates information needs into reporting, dashboard requirements, OLAP requirements etc. and defines the ideal mechanism for information delivery
- Provides strategic thinking and leadership pertaining to new ways of leveraging information to improve business processes. Must be strong in guiding business leaders through strategic thinking processes and change. Also helps with the definition of business KPIs
- Designs user interface layers to deliver the required data via a range of structures such as reports, dashboards, portals and mobile etc.
- Estimates effort and performs impact assessments.
- Defines best practices on supporting Self Service BI. Provides technical leadership on the deployment architecture, development guidelines, data delivery layer (portal, dashboard, mobile site, report) design
- Performance tunes the reporting infrastructure
- Subject Matter Expert for the Tableau product set