Principal Back End Engineer
Speak With A Geek posted over 3 years ago
FullTime | Staffing Agency | $140,000 | San Francisco, CA
- Apply software engineering expertise and mastery of distributed systems to ship a robust, scalable, and available platform to reliably connect musicians and their fans 24/7.
- Deliver systems on top of both relational stores, as as well CAP-friendly storage, embrace, and apply asynchronicity as needed.
- Own the entire lifecycle of service implementation and deployment by using configuration management tools (Chef), log aggregation (ELK), and monitoring.
Service Decomposition and Robustness
- Add more 9’s to our availability, build traceable, supportable microservices that we can deploy rapidly and predictably.
- Break down our legacy applications and databases into microservices as need and opportunity arises,define SLA’s for your services, and ensure that you meet or exceed them.
Cross Functional Team Player
- Work with leadership, users, big data, and operations to deliver killer features to delight our artists and their fans.
- Collaborate with other engineers to define, design, review, and deliver on a daily basis.
- Understand the business and bring your own ideas on how we can build an amazing platform for musicians and fans!
- Quick learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Expert coding skill in multiple programming languages (at least one JVM language)
- Expert knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with object oriented and functional programming
- Expert with distributed, fault-tolerant systems
- Adept at debugging multi-threaded apps and distributed systems
- Strong knowledge of SQL, NoSQL, ORM, and other persistence mechanisms
- 10+ years of experience in as a software engineer
- Demonstrable experience building world-class, consumer web applications
- Disciplined, pragmatic approach to unit testing and quality assurance
- Strong understanding of web technologies (HTTP, REST)
- Unix/Linux expertise
- Sound judgment for balancing between idealism and pragmatism
It'd be great to have
- Experience with development and maintenance of public APIs
- Contributor to open source projects
- Prior experience in small startup environment
- Interest in music and music technology
- Active involvement as a user of BandPage