IBM MDM Sr. Software Engineer
Hands-on developer of MDM solutions using IBM's InfoSphere MDM product suite. Leveraging a strong IBM InfoSphere background, this developer will confidently develop MDM solutions from detailed design to delivery. This position reports into senior manager responsible for MDM Solutions Delivery.
- Lead detailed design of MDM model and service extensions to meet business requirements
- Propose and implement performance optimizations for large MDM data populations
- Provide technology leadership and delivery accountability for solutions on multiple concurrent projects across health care business functions, i.e., Claims, Patient Systems, Benefit Management, Home Delivery
- Contribute to a comprehensive knowledge base and lead efforts to develop standard practices, components, guidelines to increase delivery productivity and solution quality.
- Serve as an MDM SME, representing the capabilities and interests of the program to partners and customers.
- Partner with architects to set direction for advancing the technology roadmap for the MDM program.
- Capitalize on process improvement opportunities during project delivery.
- Lead teams to resolve urgent and high production incidents.
- Lead actions to determine root cause of problems and drive resolution.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- 3 years leading small development teams on targeted project deliverables or acting as principle architect
- 5-7 years of proven, hands-on MDM development experience with IBM InfoSphere MDM
- 8-12 years of information technology / software development experience
- Certifications are a plus: IBM Certified Developer – InfoSphere MDM Serve
- Deep experience in Master Data Management development practices and design concepts,
- Thorough knowledge of the Person & Organization Customer domain
- Experience in both the Standard and Advanced Server editions of IBM Infosphere MDM (version 11.x preferred)
- Experience migrating from Standard to Advanced Server edition or from v.9/10 to v.11 a HUGE plus
- Familiarity with IBM MDM hybrid model implementations
- Demonstrable familiarity with the Probabilistic Matching Engine
- Experience with data load (full/delta) using inbound broker, data unload (full/delta) using outbound broker, matching algorithms, rules and data configuration
- Customization and configuration of Web Sphere Application Server
- Experience in Core Java and JEE
- Competency in data modeling, SQL and RDBMS technologies; specific IBM DB2 experience a plus
- Working knowledge of Web Services, WSDL, JAX-RPC, SOAP
- Working knowledge of unix and shell scripting
- Ability to provide and implement data integration technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems, focused on data quality and performance
- Attention to full data lifecycle: sourcing, management, extended synchronization, audit & reporting requirements, archiving
- Solutions are innovative, thorough, practical and consistent with organizational objectives
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to engage and lead discussions at all levels of the organization, presenting information in a balanced way, offering proposals and defending positions
- Familiar with working in a vendor partner model, with distributed teams
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines
- Strong mentoring skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines
- Adaptability and willingness to lean new tools and applications
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across project teams