Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Our client, a top employer in the region, is currently recruiting for an experienced Manufacturing Engineering Manager with experience in the medical device industry. Our client offers a strong career path, outstanding compensation and benefits and a solid work life balance.
- Responsible for managing manufacturing and test engineers
- Participate and drive Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- Partner with production, purchasing & materials manager to resolve chronic issues on production floor to ensure KPI attainment.
- Review project priorities with employees and the entire team to ensure all projects are completed on time.
- Adhere to ISO-9001/13485 guidelines and ensures product compliance to all applicable agency codes.
- Review process designs, documents, tooling and collateral materials for compliance to requirements.
- Review process validation reports, product failure investigations
- Interface with R&D to understand product roadmap, upcoming projects, changes to current product line etc. and be a bridge between Operations and Design Engineering.
- Involvement with MRB process for component quality issues and partner with QC, purchasing & SQE on a daily basis.
- Educate & empower the team to develop manufacturing processes for efficiency and quality.
- Assist with quality assurance (QA) during quality audits.
- Manage Corrective and Preventative Actions assigned to the team and ensure timely closure of the same.
- Interface with suppliers on outsourced parts, assemblies and quality/delivery issues on an as needed basis.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering: Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Technology. Electrical engineering will also be considered.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 7 + years experience in managing manufacturing/Industrial engineers.
- Must have experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment.
- Working experience as a Manufacturing/Process Engineer or Continuous Improvement/LEAN Champion
- Experience in launching new products (NPI), value engineering, quality and process improvement programs.
- Experience in project management and efficient in prioritizing projects based on resource availability
- Strong LEAN background & cost savings focus in manufacturing & transactional environments.