Is this position still open?
Sd3 posted almost 3 years ago
FullTime | $110,000 | Chicago, IL, United States
SD3 is seeking an Engineer to work with our Trading Industry Client to become involved in the full development life cycle of data warehouse applications to load/aggregate business data from internal systems and external vendors. This Engineer will develop new GUI and applications as well as maintain and support existing products. Our client, a prestigious high tech trading company located in the financial district in Chicago, is looking to fill this career opportunity quickly.
- Work as a team member on multiple projects simultaneously, effectively manage an assigned project with little supervision, including developing and maintaining a project plan, and providing weekly status reports
- Design data warehouse - data mart structure for different applications, including data extraction procedures to load data marts
- Code, test, debug, and document technical assignments. Translate business requirements into technical details. Use business and application development knowledge to propose high-level technical and procedural solutions. Deliver high-quality solutions and designs.
- Follow Data Warehouse group standard development life cycle when completing new projects, including requirement specifications, design plan, process flow, test plan, implementation plan and run documentation
- Produce specifications for GUI interfaces and data load jobs, while working with users and developers to understand their data needs and relationships to existing corporate data
- Collaborate and develop productive working relationships with members of the development team. Communicate effectively verbally and in writing on both a business and technical level.
- Assist Data Architecture group to capture data definitions of major data sources and data elements
- Provide detailed documentation concerning process flow/interface between feeder systems and the data warehouse
- Coordinate testing with other development groups and operations, identifying appropriate level of testing and ensure that testing is complete before signing off o Provide support for development and production systems
- Participation in the group's 24/7 on-call support rotation
- Practical hands-on experience using RESTful web services and familiar with AngularJS
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a dynamic environment, quickly pick up new skills and adapt to changing business needs
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently, requiring minimal direction and follow-up, or as part of a group
Preferred Skills and Experience
Any of the following skills/experience would be a plus for this position:
- 3+ years experience in Oracle 10g/11g RAC, PL/SQL programming, core Java
- Experience with XML o Knowledge of trading or financial exchange systems o BMC control-M application experience
- Version Control including GIT and Maven
- Web services
A college degree is required or equivalent experience; BS in Computer Science is a plus.
Candidate is from India, Willing to Relocate, can we process him for this position ?
I have a candidate that would be a great match for this position but he in an OPT and international student with 5 yrs experience, a masters and authorized to work. Would you accept that or are you looking for H1B, Green Card holders and citizens only?