Is this position still open?
SD3 is seeking an Engineer to work with our Trading Industry Client to become involved in the full development life cycle of data warehouse applications to load/aggregate business data from internal systems and external vendors. This Engineer will develop new GUI and applications as well as maintain and support existing products. Our client, a prestigious high tech trading company located in the financial district in Chicago, is looking to fill this career opportunity quickly.
- Work as a team member on multiple projects simultaneously, effectively manage an assigned project with little supervision, including developing and maintaining a project plan, and providing weekly status reports
- Design data warehouse - data mart structure for different applications, including data extraction procedures to load data marts
- Code, test, debug, and document technical assignments. Translate business requirements into technical details. Use business and application development knowledge to propose high-level technical and procedural solutions. Deliver high-quality solutions and designs.
- Follow Data Warehouse group standard development life cycle when completing new projects, including requirement specifications, design plan, process flow, test plan, implementation plan and run documentation
- Produce specifications for GUI interfaces and data load jobs, while working with users and developers to understand their data needs and relationships to existing corporate data
- Collaborate and develop productive working relationships with members of the development team. Communicate effectively verbally and in writing on both a business and technical level.
- Assist Data Architecture group to capture data definitions of major data sources and data elements
- Provide detailed documentation concerning process flow/interface between feeder systems and the data warehouse
- Coordinate testing with other development groups and operations, identifying appropriate level of testing and ensure that testing is complete before signing off o Provide support for development and production systems
- Participation in the group's 24/7 on-call support rotation
- Practical hands-on experience using RESTful web services and familiar with AngularJS
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a dynamic environment, quickly pick up new skills and adapt to changing business needs
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently, requiring minimal direction and follow-up, or as part of a group
Preferred Skills and Experience
Any of the following skills/experience would be a plus for this position:
- 3+ years experience in Oracle 10g/11g RAC, PL/SQL programming, core Java
- Experience with XML o Knowledge of trading or financial exchange systems o BMC control-M application experience
- Version Control including GIT and Maven
- Web services
A college degree is required or equivalent experience; BS in Computer Science is a plus.
Candidate is from India, Willing to Relocate, can we process him for this position ?
I have a candidate that would be a great match for this position but he in an OPT and international student with 5 yrs experience, a masters and authorized to work. Would you accept that or are you looking for H1B, Green Card holders and citizens only?