Junior IT Project Manager
Optimal Partners Consulting, Llc posted almost 3 years ago
Contract | Staffing Agency | | 6 Months Greater Boston
University south of Boston in need of Junior IT project manager for six month assignment helping three person IT Project Management Office by assisting with small projects. The Junior IT Project Manager is responsible for supporting institution-wide projects, as well as planning and coordinating all related activities for Information Technology projects that will vary in size, scope, and complexity. The Junior Project Manager will develop and implement projects while adhering to the university's methodology.
1. Manage and develop projects from the idea generation/feasibility stages through project implementation.
2. Perform initial feasibility study and requirements discovery prior to the formation of a project.
3. Develop and maintain effective and efficient communication with the project sponsor(s) and project team.
4. Ensure that project objectives, scope, cost, & expected deliverables projects are understood and delivered.
5. Ensure the project team members understand and complete their specific role, responsibilities, and tasks.
6. Lead project teams to effectively address project requirements according to the charter, schedule, & budget.
7. Responsible for developing project charters, schedules, and budgets for approval, oversight, and delivery.
8. Document and maintain project work plans, meetings, decisions, change orders, deliverables, progress reports, schedules and other project artifacts.
9. Facilitate communication of project status, budget, costs, issues, and related information to project team leader(s), project sponsor(s), steering committee(s), affected business unit(s), and project team members.
10. Perform project closeout review to ensure projects meet expectations and identify areas for improvement.
11. Assist project sponsors in defining project scope, objectives, cost, and timeline.
12. Actively supports the University's initiatives for Diversity and Social Justice.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Bachelors Degree in an appropriate discipline.
2. Formal training in Project Management techniques and practices is required.
3. One to three years of demonstrated and formal project management experience.
4. General knowledge of management information systems.
5. Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collegially in a team environment required.
6. Strong written and oral communication skills to interact effectively with staff, clients, and vendor staff.
1. Project management experience in a Higher Education or Non-Profit environment.
2. Project Management Professional Certification.
This job listing was created by Optimal Partners Consulting LLC, a company that specializes in placing Higher Ed IT professionals. See more from Optimal Partners at http://optimal-partners.com