Do you need US Citizen only or is it open to different types of visa please?
Senior Java Engineer
Op Expert posted almost 3 years ago
FullTime | Staffing Agency | $150,000 | Jersey City, NJ
A Senior Java Engineer as the technical expert in helping in the development of the next version of compliance systems. The candidate will assist in identifying problems with integration of JEE, web services, and platform/database compatibility. This may also include being the lead on proposals, projects, and promoting new architecture tools, processes, and techniques. The candidate will assist in identifying, defining, and analyzing legacy and emerging systems and software designs.
The candidate will provide technical leadership and collaborate with not only the development staff, but with the analytics team to develop and implement their core features and algorithms.
• Advises on architectural decisions and design
• Participates in design workshops
• Creates integration and application technical design documentation
• Conducts peer-reviews of functional design documentation
• Provides guidance on intended solution and best practices during development, configuration and testing phases
• Completes development, configuration and unit testing of high complexity areas
• Helps oversee technical team, performs code reviews and ensures standards are applied to each solution component
• Resolves complex defects during testing phases
• Provides guidance to developers in resolving defects
• Supports and executes performance testing
• Provides guidance on infrastructure and environment setup
• Production Support: Assists in troubleshooting production environment and tune the environments
• Ensures best practices are followed from a technical perspective during all phases of the project
• Must have at least 7 + years of experience implementing systems, with 3 + years in the financial services industry
• Knowledge of AML or KYC is big plus
• Extensive Java, J2EE n-tier application experience
• Ability to design enterprise wide, large scale implementations
• Extensive experience with SOAP/REST web service development
• Experience in Spring, BPM and Rules Engine.
• Working knowledge with WebSphere Application server is required.
• Strong knowledge and experience with relational database technologies preferably with experience in an ORM persistence tool such as Hibernate
• Optional: PL/SQL, Oracle, Must have experience in building SQL queries, stored procedures and must understand basic principles of data modeling
• Strong Analytical and problem solving skills
• Must be skilled at writing specifications that other programmer can use to code data interfaces, user interfaces and workflows
• Familiar with tools such as GIT, SVN, JIRA and Maven
• BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related work experience required