||Manager Human Resources
Location: Chicagoland, IL
The Human Resources Manager, under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, will be responsible for providing cutting-edge, strategic, functional leadership through management of: Employee Relations, Recruitment/Retention, Policies/Procedures, Compensation, Performance Management, and Human Resources Projects. This position shall possess considerable skills, knowledge and experience related to Human Resources Management, with a strong emphasis on Recruitment/Retention, Relationship Management and Employee/Labor Relations in a 24/7 manufacturing environment.
- Proactively manages employee performance, most notably in the form employee performance reviews, employee disciplinary decisions/documentation, compensation determinations and reorganization decisions
- Builds and manages trusting relationships with all internal customers (all employees) to ensure honest, two-way communication and addresses Human Resources-related needs in a prompt and thorough manner
- Recommends and implements personnel policy and procedural updates to stay in-tune with the ever-changing work environment and multi-generational work force
- Partners with Director of Human Resources to provide a complete, strategic, and quality Human Resources Management experience.
- Manages the recruitment of all temporary, exempt, non-exempt and hourly positions from start to finish. Responsibilities to include, but not limited to: compose job postings, distribute postings, identification of recruiting sources, agency fee schedule negotiation, interviewing (phone & on-site), reference checks, assessment (Trimetrix, Caliper) scheduling and offer letters.
- Conduct compensation benchmarking on annual and per-request basis to ensure competitive compensation and benefits programs and internal equity.
- Play an integral role in communicating "change" to all employees. Ensure communications are honest and open, upwards and downwards and provide an avenue for feedback.
- Representation and participation in internal and external initiatives/organizations including: United Way Campaign, SHRM, TT Edge & Wellness
- Spearhead projects, as needed and/or assigned, that solve current business problems and /or directly contribute to long-term business objectives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience.
- Minimum of 8 years related experience.
- MUST have manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of Human Resource Information Systems (i.e. ADP Based)
- Certifications & Licenses: Human Resources certification preferred (PHR, SPHR, GPHR)