Assistant Production Engineer
Above The Crowd posted over 2 years ago
FullTime | Staffing Agency | Charleston, WV, United States
Provide day-to-day leadership and overall guidance to production professional staff and ensure high standards of safety and environmental performance while delivering against production cost, quality and schedule objectives.
Also performs duties of Production Engineer for an area of the plant
- Supports Production Manager and works with Production Team to ensure production is completed to meet business requirements (safely, on spec quality and on schedule)
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are written, maintained, utilized and complied with.
- Ensures sufficient production engineer staffing for 24/7 production operation.
- Works with production staff to determine maintenance needs in a manner that is least disruptive to production.
- Work closely with Production and Reliability Teams to prioritize and schedule all maintenance and reliability work.
- Ensures timely incident (SHE, Process, Quality and Reliability) reporting, investigation and documentation, with corrective actions identified to prevent recurrence, and followed up to completion.
- BS Engineering (Chemical)
- 10+ years of Chemical plant experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with teams in a Leadership Role
- Demonstrated experience with requirements of PSM (OSHA 1910.119)
- Experience with major plant shutdowns, turnarounds, and start-ups