Job title: Buyer/Purchasing Assistant
Location: Tempe, AZ
Client: L3 Technologies (Former L3 Communications)
- Performs daily procurement activity by processing requisitions and performing MRP analysis in order to meet desired cost and schedule requirements, while maintaining proper inventory levels in support of manufacturing.
- Procures Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) supplies and consumables.
- Procures capital equipment and Engineering project materials.
- Understands and clearly communicates design specifications to suppliers, including the ability to read and comprehend complex part drawings and specifications.
- Must have extensive experience sourcing optical and mechanical custom components and process materials.
- Addresses quality concerns in collaboration with Quality Assurance and/or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Develops and enhances relationships with strategic supplier/partners; serves as the primary contact with suppliers, and supports the initial qualification and then fostering a positive and mutually beneficial relationship with suppliers and their management.
- Actively works on and supports the development of new technologies and supplier capabilities.
- Drives cost savings and quality improvement projects.
- Has supplier contact responsibility for Material Review Board (MRB) dispositions/activities.
- Coordinates quality issues with suppliers as required and manages supplier returns.
- Analyzes and reports on supplier execution to determine factors affecting pricing, quality, on time delivery (accuracy and completeness) performance across commodities and implement improvements.
- Reduces procurement cost and improves responsiveness by analyzing supply chain and commodity trends, measuring and reporting results as well as enhancing established procedures.
- Must perform procurement function in a highly regulated business environment.
- Executes and maximizes L3 Warrior systems negotiated terms with suppliers to reduce materials liability.
- Coordinates early supplier involvement in product development and procures the required materials to support product development and product launches.
- Ensures that confidentiality agreements and other necessary contracts/OEM agreements are established with suppliers.
- Manage and expand VMI agreements where possible to continue to reduce inventory.
- Assist in aligning strategic procurement goals and objectives with quarterly deliverables, weekly activities and daily schedules.
- Participate in supplier qualification process with Supply Chain, Quality, and Manufacturing.
- Stay current on supply chain technologies, sourcing strategies and worldwide raw material availability of the commodities responsible to procure.
- Minimum BS degree in Supply Chain, Finance or Industrial Engineering
- Familiarity with compliance initiatives such as Sarbanes Oxley, ITAR, FARS, DFARS and ISO
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sourcing custom optical and mechanical components in a high tech manufacturing environment
- Must have experience working and interfacing with Suppliers, Manufacturing, Inventory Management, Quality, and Engineering.
- Initiative; Persistence; Integrity; Critical Thinking; Time Management; Sound judgment and decision making; Effective Communication; Attention to Detail; Adaptability/Flexibility; Effective Problem Solving; Microsoft Office proficiency
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills and a passion for accuracy
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Comfortable working under demanding time constraint
- Proven negotiation skills and documented VMI experience.