What is the salary range? Also what are the non-negotiable or minimum requirements that you will accept?
Domain SME - Security Architect Cloud & Virtualization
Nss Labs posted over 2 years ago
FullTime | Austin, TX, United States
- Do you consider your self as a SME in Security Industry?
- Did you build your career path from Network Engineering with Security and growing into a leader and Mentor in same space?
- Do you have deep expertise in Cloud & Virtualization services regards to Security implementation?
Note to Recruiters: The Gaurantee period on this role is 90 days unlike the other Jobhuk role which is typically 30 days. Please take this into consideration while you are submitting your candidates.
The Domain Manager Security Architect has responsibility for driving innovation and supporting the Cloud & Virtualization security line of business, focusing primarily on virtual machine security, cloud architectures, and virtual security appliances as examples. The Domain Manager SA is the functional security technology expert for their area of focus (Cloud & Virtualization). The Domain Manager SA is responsible for determining the right technologies and service offerings to be delivered by test engineers. Significant coordination with sales and vendor management organizations, research, product management and marketing, peer Domain Managers, and the CTO office is absolutely critical. This role will be responsible for documenting the technical aspects of the Cloud and Virtualization test areas to support external research components. The Domain Manager SA is responsible for all aspects of test execution and assurance and is accountable for adherence to standard operating procedures and program schedules.
- Work with Product Management, Research, and adjacent Domain Managers to determine the proper vendor technologies and service offerings to build domain capabilities
- Provide input to and confirm viability of Test Talking Points developed by Product Management
- Develop test schedules with the PMO and Test Engineers
- Provide direction and oversight of methodology development – including Cyber Advanced Warning System™ needs and interactions, systems capabilities, and tool development
- Provide oversight of test harness build-out, certification, and test execution
- Accountable for Test Development Workbook/Project Management Outcomes
- Assist with scorecard development and delivery alongside Test Engineers
- Develop the “so what” of the result set – understand and present meaningful results to the enterprise
- Analyze historic test data and to articulate market progress and test evolution
- Drive incremental growth from new and existing tests within the domain
- Interact with vendor customers to support the testing process
- Analyze data to determine emerging technology vendors and technology opportunities and capabilities
- Be the main point of contact for sales in support of delivery for the tests in the domain
- Develop, promote, and implement best practices to deliver on and measure the effectiveness of testing
- Stay abreast of solutions and developments in the advanced testing security space
- Maintain utmost confidentiality on all documents, correspondence, research records, information, data, etc
- Perform other duties as assigned
Develop, Mentor, Train, and support Senior Test Engineers and Test Engineers and others as assigned
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Over 15 Years of experience in Security Domain
- Expertise with one or more of our core Technology Areas: Security Event Management, Content Protection (DLP, Encryption, Access Control), Cloud Security typically obtained in 3-5 years
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with security technologies, whether cloud applications, network, endpoint, or operational forensics
- Expert understanding of virtual environments inclusive of major hypervisors and virtual networks
- Deep understanding of functional cloud architectures, both private and public and the security controls available to secure them
- Expert TCP/IP networking, networking architectures, and troubleshooting skills, including IPv6
- Demonstrable packet analysis and network protocol dissection skills, using tools such as Wireshark/Ethereal
- Expert knowledge of network device performance testing
- Demonstrated experience configuring server hardware and deployment at scale
- Extensive Amazon AWS, Windows Azure, or other public cloud hosting architecture design and deployment experience of both MS Windows Server and Linux machines
- Awareness of SDLC and quality assurance and how these relate to product testing
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Professional presentation and communication skills
- Comfortable working with third-party vendors
- Software development background
- Good understanding of security software testing
- Experience with network and security performance testing equipment, both hardware and software (e.g., BreakingPoint and other Ixia products, Spirent/Mu Dynamics, Tomahawk, etc.)
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance: GLBA, SOX, PCI, HIPAA and Assessment Services a plus
- CISSP or other professional certifications
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) CIS, Engineering or Mathematics a plus
- 5-10 years of experience as a security consultant
- Deep understanding of the Cloud & Virtualization security space (VM security, container security, advanced log aggregation / pruning, Server IPS, Patch and Config Management, Secure Platforms, encryption, etc)
- Deep experience with one or more cloud architecture providers
- One or more of the following certifications a plus: CISSP, CISA, CIPP, CEH, and GIAC
- Extremely effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Data-driven and methodical approach to measuring progress
- Experience building business plans and driving ideas from inception to fruition
- Management experience
- 5 or more years of experience supporting, customizing and/or managing large, complex enterprise applications is required
- Proficient with MS Office products including Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, MS Project, Visio and Outlook required
- Adept in planning, leading change and multi-tasking
- Strong problem-solving, time management, and work prioritization skills required
- Able to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Detail-oriented, thorough and quality oriented
How many employees are with the company?
Is the employee allowed to work remotely? Part-time?
What are the salary parameters?
Will there be travel? Percentage?
What part of Austin is the office?
-location of employ (city and state)
Please indicate Salary Range & whether relocation is available, if you desire our recruiters to work on this requisition.
Can you provide who this will report to and will this person be leading a team as well as salary range - base + bonus please
What is the salary range for this opportunity?
Hi, just a couple questions:
Salary budgeting for? (will not be shared with candidate)
Please let me know max salary and bonus for this role. Thank you.
What is the Salary on this role ?
Dear Nss Labs Hiring Manager,
I am currently speaking to candidates, and have surfaced someone who has potential interest in the role.
Question: Is this role exclusively on-site, or is the role Remote/Home Office/Telecommute friendly?
Thanks & regards,
Maria E. Ferran
Arintel Talent Group, LLC
Thank you for the private invite. I have submitted a highly qualified candidate that I believe that you will find to your liking. Should you need to contact me personally please do at anytime. My contact information is listed below.
CEO Bradley Employment Professional
What is the base salary and bonus info?
Hello, hope you are well? Can I please ask what the salary is for this role?
I am beginning to speak with potential candidates about this position. Can you confirm an expected salary range for the position? Thank you!
Is this position still open? what is the salary range (won't be disclosed to candidate) and is there travel required? If so how much travelling is required for the position?
I have potential candidates to submit dependent on the salary on offer. Can you confirm an expected salary range for the position? thanks.