High Power Electrical/Design Engineer (PSPICE)
Compunnel Software Group Inc. posted about 2 years ago
FullTime | Anaheim, CA, United States
Job Title: Sr. Power/ Electrical Engineer (Design)
Location: Anaheim, CA
Telephonic and face to face required
Duration: Direct Hire
Client: L3 technologies (Former L3 Communications)
• Responsible for design and development of electrical power equipment for shipboard applications and design support of other applications.
• Provide power electronics engineering support for design, development, integration, operation and sustaining of electrical components, equipment and systems under minimal supervision.
• Participate in all stages of development from design through manufacturing support and system integration.
• Support marketing with proposals in area of conceptual designs, work break down structures, schedules and preliminary parts lists.
• Interpret customer specification to define requirements for power electronics circuit and systems design.
• Support new programs from conceptual design, through detail design to completion.
• Perform engineering analysis of power electrical circuits, equipment or systems.
• Write product and test specifications.
• Provide sustaining engineering on existing products and technical support for fielded equipment.
• Ability to work simultaneously on a variety of projects.
• Senior Power / Electrical Engineer I will take directions from Project Engineer or Power Engineering Department Manager.
• Must have design familiarity with power conversion topologies and electrical components IGBTs, MOSFETs and SCRs used in power switching applications.
• Circuit analysis applications, PSPICE and MATLAB preferred.
• Magnetics design and closed control loop design experience, a plus.
• Must be able to work as a key member of the design team with other Power Design Engineers,
• Digital and Analog Engineers, System Engineers and Software Engineers.
• Proven effective communication with Senior Project Management and customer representatives is essential.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (B.S.E.E.) or equivalent from a four-year college or university.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in design of power conversion equipment and/or training.
• Master of Science or advanced degree preferred.
Additional info- REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
• Experience working with high power levels: i.e. 200 KW+
• Senior level must have high power experience
• High power analog design
• Modeling using PSPICE
I’ll really appreciate for your response.