Our ideal candidate is a self-starter and able to commit to a full-time position from home with limited supervision, and is a self-motivated, detail-oriented, entrepreneurial individual. You must also be a caring and compassionate person with a desire to help people through stressful times during their search for eldercare. Additionally, you are comfortable working in a fast-paced exclusively web-based virtual environment. You are also comfortable with the inside sales portion of selling over the phone using a headset, multi-tasking by entering data into our CRM system, as well as meeting with your partner communities. Senior care industry experience is preferred. Sales experience (or the ability to sell) is essential.
The SLA is an inside sales role that works with families seeking senior living options. All leads of families seeking eldercare are provided by A Place for Mom (APFM). APFM is paid by participating communities and providers, therefore the valuable service provided by the SLA is offered at no charge to families. Ninety-five percent of our inquiries are from adult children who are looking for senior care for their aging loved ones. Our SLAs act as the liaison between families in need and the senior housing communities or care providers.
SLAs are required to be very knowledgeable about senior living options in their area. It is also important to develop excellent relationships with these partners, so regular visits to tour properties are required in order to make high-quality referrals/matches for to partners.
- SLAs are accountable for top line revenue goals based upon fees generated via move-ins at partner communities in a defined market.
- SLAs are responsible for converting leads into partner move-ins.
- SLAs should focus on referring and moving families into appropriate partner communities by understanding a family’s unique needs and demonstrating an intimate knowledge of partners within the market.
- Builds relationships and educates families over the phone on referral process: ensure families understand the value of APFM throughout their senior living search.
- Understand family needs and refer appropriate partner communities.
- Manage the sales process: guide families through their search process with strong post-referral follow up with families and partner communities.
- Understand partner community offerings, resident requirements, and sales process.
- Pipeline management: manage lead pipeline on a daily basis and accurately record in our CRM to ensure up-to-date family information and status, as well as maintain accurate sales forecasts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This is a full-time position, regular evenings and weekends will be required.
- Structured, pre-scheduled training attendance is mandatory.
- Your activity and results are closely monitored by your Regional Manager.
- Communicate daily via phone and email to families and partners.
- Conduct partner knowledge visits to develop and maintain relationships with partners in your community.
- Consistently meet or exceed your monthly sales goals.
Required Skills and Competencies
- 3+ years’ experience: documented history of success positioning and selling solutions to businesses or consumers in a quota or metrics driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to assess family situations and quickly develop solution based upon family needs.
- Documented history of ability to develop and maintain good working relationships in a multi-stakeholder sale.
- Ability to deliver results while working in a highly independent environment.
- Past history of senior care industry preferred, or you must be willing to learn about senior care.
- Ability to multi-task; talk on the phone and take notes on the computer.
- Strong computer skills necessary, including Word and Excel.
- Strong typing skills.
- Must have reliable transportation to visit partner communities.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Home Office Requirements
- SLAs are required to have a designated home office space, allowing for privacy during working hours, as well as a high speed internet connection.
- It is expected that SLAs manage a daily schedule that is free fromdistractions and interruptions. Taking care of children or audible pets is not permissible during work hours.
- You will be provided with a laptop fully loaded with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Interaction Client, access to our CRM system and VPN so that you may connect to our intranet.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States to be eligible for consideration, visa sponsorship not available.