Controls Engineer (Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Manufacturing)
Controls Engineer II
Class: Salaried/Exempt, Career Level P3
An exceptional Tier I automotive supplier has an immediate need to fill a Controls Engineer at their large facility located east of Asheville, NC. The plant is located about 30 minutes to an hour east of Asheville, NC. The successful candidate will have a solid background in Controls or Automation Engineering within a high paced manufacturing environment. A BS in Engineering is preferred but not mandatory. The PLC platforms used there are A-B and Siemens.
- Responsible for control systems design, specification, programming, troubleshooting, and start-up assistance of automated and robotic systems.
- Shared responsibility for facility electrical requirements, including switchgear, substations, load balancing, and Arc-Safe ratings.
- Programming of Allen-Bradley PLC’s and programming of Siemens S7 PLC’s.
- I/O configurations, including discreet, analog, Ethernet, and servo motion control. Experience with Visual Basic programming, Keyence cameras, IFM cameras, and laser measurement / detection systems.
- Knowledge of computers and networking and be able to assist the IT Department with various production related needs, including bar code reading, label printing, and OEM computer software installations.
- Panel layout, electrical design, and wiring schematic capabilities are also expected of this position.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in engineering leadership, ability to develop and implement standard engineering practices, as well as strong documentation skills. This person will have technical and project management responsibilities related to program launch and equipment upgrade activities.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering required
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- Automotive manufacturing experience preferred
- Self motivated
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Team Player
- Hands on approach