Crown Associates Recruiting posted over 2 years ago
FullTime | $75,000 | Kalamazoo, MI, United States
One of our top Tier I automotive clients has a need to fill a position of EHS Coordinator at their plant located about 30 miles south of Kalamazoo, MI. The successful candidate will have worked as either a EHS Coordinator or EHS Manager or similar within an INJECTION MOLDING manufacturing environment for at least 3 years.
Job Title: Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Human Resource Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Plans and coordinates health and safety program requiring application of engineering principles and technology to analyze and control conditions contributing to occupational hazards and diseases by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
• Develops and implements programs and policies for monitoring and preventing chemical, physical, and biological hazards at the facility. Surveys, compiles, and analyzes data relating to occupational and environmental health issues such as chemical exposure, radiation, smoke, fumes, noise, temperatures, dusts, vapors, mists, gases, solvents, lighting, and ergonomics which are known or suspected of being real or potential detriments to health.
• Work with engineering when process modifications or installation of new equipment is made to ensure air, waste water and/or storm water permits are evaluated/modified by conducting emission calculations, performing toxic analyses, analyzing best available control technology.
• Collect data and provide reports (e.g. environmental performance report).
• Performs field and safety measurements, safety evaluations, and hazardous waste evaluations.
• Develops or provides input to hazardous material communications, including maintaining material safety data sheets. Maintains monitoring instrumentation and equipment.
• Implements or recommends control measures for exposure to hazardous materials or conditions.
• Provides technical guidance to management and labor organization regarding health related problems and correct use of protective clothing or accessories.
• Monitors the company's environmental, health & safety policy and ensure the plant is in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Implements CLIENTNA’s program and system to track and evaluate worker injuries.
• Maintains working knowledge of new developments in the industry and government regulations.
• Develops and facilitates training for workers on issues related to health and safety.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or three years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Certified Storm Water Operator, Certified (MICH ONLY).
• Workers Compensation Professional, Certified Haz-Mat, Certified Powered Industrial Truck operator and trainer.
• Certified Laser Safety Officer or capability to become one.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Will have 2-5 years EH&S experience in a manufacturing environment.
Would you consider a candidate from another state but is willing to relocate? Thanks