D Js Recruiting Service posted about 2 years ago
FullTime | Staffing Agency | $95,000 | Cleveland,OH
Position Overview As an Application Architect within PNC's Enterprise Data Management Technology organization, you will be based in Cleveland, Ohio. You will have responsible for process architecture for the Enterprise Data Warehouse operating on Teradata that will improve performance, quality and issue resolution. You will review design and development of other team members to insure they are in compliance with our best practices. You will explore new processes and technology to insure that we are leveraging the newest capabilities available. *Job Profile
- Participates in defining functional designs and application systems architecture across all technologies and platforms.
- Designs an application's technical infrastructure, such as specific databases, programming languages, utilities, and testing approaches.
- Participates in the assessment of software defects discovered during the quality assurance process.
- Participates in addressing enterprise-wide platform and technology requirements for applications.
- Develops detailed programming instructions to solve business problems through automation support.
Leadership Competencies Core Competencies
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Products and Services - Working Experience
- Knowledge of major products and services and product and service groups; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Industry Knowledge - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Platform Architecture - Working Experience
- Knowledge of technologies and methods to design processing mechanisms and roadmaps to execute business application systems; ability to design these roadmaps and deploy supportive interfaces for end-users to access related systems, in accordance with standards and processes.
Analytical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT TOOLS - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.
IT Architecture - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to design and improve organizational IT structures and blueprints in order to better support business operations and efficiently achieve organizational objectives.
Software Process Improvement (SPI) - Working Experience
- Knowledge of formal software process improvement disciplines, and ability to assess and improve the quality and operating costs associated with an existing application.
Service Oriented Architecture Technologies - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the technologies used to enable excellent IT service for business clients; ability to develop, implement and support a variety of such technologies.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered. Preferences/Skills Certifications/Licenses
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification are required]
ETL Informatica with Teradata experience
Banking Data Warehouse (BDW