Proof Point Engineer
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented ProofPoint Engineer to join a fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging environment.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate in-depth knowledge and experience with ProofPoint and Email security.
As the ProofPoint Engineer, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Understand the security architecture and provide a secure environment, by implementing controls to manage and mitigate risks
- Analyse and implement perimeter email security and email routing solutions using ProofPoint’s protection tools
- Develop new tools and Maintain email security infrastructure
- Create policies, processes and procedures for the operations teams
- Investigate & Troubleshoot root causes when escalated from operations.
- Work with global Security Architecture team to provide inputs for Business Continuity Planning and Practices
- Email encryption implementations with PKI integration
This is a Full-time opportunity in New York, NY. Salary is open based on experience and qualifications.
- Minimum 3 year of experience with ProofPoint Email protection tools in an enterprise environment
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline
Skills and Experience:
You must possess strong conceptual knowledge and demonstrate in-depth understanding of the following:
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience architecting and implementing email security solutions.
- Deep knowledge of SMTP and related RFCs (RFC 821/5321, etc), TLS, DNS and related standards.
- Deep knowledge on open source mail transport agent implementations, including Sendmail and Postfix.
- Deep knowledge of integration of messaging platforms with LDAP (OpenLDAP) directory
- Scripting experience using Perl, Python or Shell
- Linux Administration experience
- Excellent Communication skills
- Financial industry experience