Software Engineer, Junior P1
Compunnel posted about 1 month ago
FullTime | Calgary, Alberta, Canada
· Participate in Scrum events, including Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
· Continually refine Sprint backlog into smaller tasks.
· Work cooperatively with the development team to take on new tasks.
· Perform detailed design, implementation, and unit testing activities in order to complete Sprint tasks.
· Ensure completed tasks meet the Definition of Done and the Acceptance Criteria.
· Share knowledge and skills with other development team members.
· Participate in the refinement of the Product Backlog.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE - REQUIRED
· Experience with higher level programming languages such as C++, C#, and Java.
· Experience with developing software in a Linux operating system (kernel 3.X).
· Experience with developing software in a Windows operating system (Windows 7, 8, 10).
· Experience with UML and modelling techniques.
· Experience with unit testing and test driven development.
· Disciplined approach to software engineering with knowledge of agile development methods.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE - NICE TO HAVE
· Experience with Service-oriented architecture including Web Services, WebSockets, and RESTful APIs.
· Experience with cross-platform development.
· Experience with pub/sub and request/response messaging patterns.
· Experience with XML
· Experience with network device management technologies such as SNMP and NETCONF.
· Experience with multimedia technologies such as SIP, RTP, and RTCP.
· Experience with 3GPP IMS standard.
· Experience with transport layer technologies such as TCP/IP and UDP.
· Experience with networking technologies such as IPv4, IPv6, VLANs, 802.3, Routing Protocols (OSPF, IS-IS, BGP4), 802.1x, DSCP, and DHCP.
· Experience with directory services technologies (e.g., LDAP, X.500).