Business Intelligence & Analytics Development Manager
Compunnel posted 3 months ago
FullTime | $120,000 | North Kingstown, RI
The Business Intelligence & Analytics Development Manager is responsible for maturing and scaling a Business Intelligence and Analytics program. This role will interface with all departments to understand organizational needs and coordinate innovative solutions, leading the BI&A team, and instituting development and operational practices. In addition, this individual will support the implementation of new technologies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Day to day management of BI&A team, including operational stability, development processes, and Associate learning and growth
- Institute standard development methodologies to ensure that the team is using best practices for collaborative coding, modular efficiency, version control, QA and release management
- Development of operational production support practices and processes to ensure stability of critical BI business applications
- Draw on strong business and statistical knowledge to organize research or development projects, including identification of relevant data points, data extraction and transformation, data model building, and visualizations
- Engage with Planning & Analytics department to define and prioritize BI&A requirements and manage overall delivery of critical information to the business
- Identify opportunities to expand the breadth of data that is consumed and analyzed within the BI&A platforms
- Lead the BI&A team to build the roles, skills, processes and collaboration with other teams necessary to improve solution delivery speed and improve end user satisfaction
- Serve as Product Owner for existing BI reporting, drive recommendations for product enhancements or new capabilities
- Contribute to data model and reporting solution design sessions
- Manage BI&A request backlogs and report on development progress to stakeholders
- Develop an advanced understanding of industry trends, metrics, and KPI benchmarks
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or Data Analytics; Master’s degree or MBA desired
- 10+ years professional experience with progressive growth in responsibility and scope
- Leadership of a BI&A or software development team
- BI&A practices and concepts, data modeling, ETL processes, and data warehousing
- Advanced understanding of the full reporting delivery life cycle, from requirements definition to report development and testing required
- Knowledge of standard software development methodologies including Waterfall and Agile
- Advanced proficiency in multiple programming and database languages
- Leadership: You are leader and exhibit that in your everyday work. You pride yourself on developing future leaders; you have direct experience managing others and have been responsible for supporting their performance and their associates.
- Analytical: You use logical reasoning and data to build conclusions, recommendations, and reporting.
- Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and enjoy working with customers.
- Team Oriented: You are capable of embracing the ideas of others (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and client.
- Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner.
- Passionate: You must be passionate about collaboration and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
- Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard
- potential. Sedentary, and frequent near vision use for reading and computer use.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions