This company is not verified by Jobhuk.
Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse Architect
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or the equivalent
- BI/PMP/SCOR/Balanced Scorecard Certifications a Plus
- Greater than 10 years in IT with at least 5 years Architectural experience
- Need to have worked with Microsoft SQL Server, flat files and other databases
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Broad and deep BI and/or application Architecture experience – with a CPM/BPM/EPM focus.
- Multi-platform experience a plus. At least one amongst Microsoft platform experience.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high impact business intelligence solutions in complex environments.
- Excellent knowledge of prototyping & proof of concept mechanisms
- Very strong experience in Score Carding & Performance Management mechanisms required.
- Experience in utilization of Balanced Score Card, Strategy Map techniques to implement EPM
- Requires strong problem solving, analytical, teamwork and leadership skills.
- Requires strong interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Develop information architecture.
- Manage current and future needs in data design and content.
- Resolve semantic discrepancies in data definitions that arise.
- Gain consensus among users on common business data definitions.
- Determine the optimal approach for obtaining data from diverse sources.
- Implement the ETL infrastructure used at a project level.
- Establish and enforce technical standards for deliverables of projects.
- Assess current technical architecture.
- Estimate system capacity to meet near- and long-term processing requirements.
- Define BI strategy/processes for Operations, Technical Architecture, Definition of technical architecture for BI environment, Hardware requirements, DBMS requirements, Middleware requirements, Network requirements, Server configurations, Client configurations
- Develop ETL technical architecture.
- Evaluate and select access/analysis tools.
- Monitor BI usage capture and maintenance of metrics.
- Develop and manage the BI dependency plan, job scheduling and cycle management.
- Determine and ensure execution of backup and recovery strategy.
- Ensure execution of archival strategy.
- Continue to investigate and evaluate emerging BI technologies.
- Define and get agreement with support and IT operations personnel on service level agreements.
- Ensure the BI meets service level requirements.
- Monitor business use and performance of the BI and provide feedback.
- Develop, manage, schedule and document BI operations and tasks, including extraction, movement, loading, archival, security, backup and aggregate table creation.
- Manage requests for changes and prioritize work based on business needs and resources.
- Manage maintenance processes and procedures.
- Conduct operational tests.
- Performance monitoring and tuning
- Install new equipment and software patches and upgrades.
- Administer user access and security.
- Search for causes of incompatibility between the warehousing environment and other systems.
- Environment maintenance.