Sr. Business Analyst (State of Texas Dept.)
Unedollar posted about 5 years ago
Contract | Staffing Agency | | 2000 Hours Austin, TX
START DATE: Approx. 7/31/13
DURATION: Initial contract for 2000 hours through August 31, 2014 with possible extension.
DUE DATE: COB 7/22/13
JOB DESCRIPTION/MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
· Elicits requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
· Facilitates meetings with the business subject matter experts’ or end users to formulate business strategies and requirements and translate client needs into actionable system requirements
· Coordinates, conducts, and documents requirements gathering sessions with end users, project stakeholders and development team(s)
· Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, decomposes high-level information into details - abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguishes user requests from the underlying true needs
· Develops high quality documentation including business requirements documents, use cases, software requirements specifications, report specifications, epics, user stories, screen and interface designs, conceptual page flows, business process models, user acceptance test plans, and training manuals / user guides
· Proactively communicates and collaborates with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional / non-functional requirements
· Utilizes prior experience in defining and using enterprise-wide requirements definition tools, management systems and methodologies
· Diplomatically challenges business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans and advises on options, risks and costs versus benefits of various solutions
· Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow – acts as the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams
· Acquires subject matter expertise over a business unit’s processes, systems, pain points and strategic plans
· Works closely with project team members and management to drive successful completion of project deliverables
· Identifies, plans and estimates level of effort for business analysis related tasks
· Collaborates with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyzes tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
· Conducts and develops materials for end user training
· Performs functional testing as needed to ensure adherence to requirements
· Successfully engages in multiple initiatives simultaneously
· Works independently with users to define concepts
Experience reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating business systems and user needs. Formulates systems to parallel overall business strategies. Experienced with business process reengineering and identifying new applications of technology to business problems to make business more effective. Familiar with industry standard technologies (core), business process mapping, and reengineering. Prepares solution options, risk identification, and financial analyses such as cost/benefit, ROI, buy/build, etc. Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
Experience preparing and documenting Functional and Technical Specifications for reporting, systems, and data warehouse work. Assist with business warehouse/intelligence support and enhancements. Develops RFPs and SOWs. Assist in deployment and management of end-user reporting tools and platforms. Work with IT and business project teams to understand reporting and data warehousing requirements and propose solutions. Document and provide knowledge transfer to the rest of the Enterprise Reporting Team for all solutions.
Experience eliciting and analyzing business requirements and developing a business case. Working as a liaison between IT and business areas. Must be an excellent communicator and relationship builder. Must be very comfortable working with end users, management, and business/IT executive leadership alike.
Experience in analyzing applications for Windows 7 operating system compatibility and supporting large scale OS upgrade deployment. Experience in strategy, planning, assessment, deployment and remediation.
Working knowledge of project management methodologies