PeopleSoft HRMS consultant (State of TX Dept.)
LOCATION: Austin, TX
START DATE: ASAP
DURATION: Expect this to be a year or longer contract if satisfactory performance
Analyzes data from highly complex systems to assist in maintaining data integrity of the PeopleSoft benefits administration, pension administration, other core HR systems, Financials and to determine solutions to data-related problems. Provides technical advice and assistance to management and technical staff in matters relating to PeopleSoft benefits administration, pension administration, core HR, and Financials programming activities. Designs and implements new or revised methods that more effectively meet agency needs. Assists business analysts and users in defining a project or problem, feasibility of the project and provides estimates for a project or problem solution. Writes, tests, debugs and documents complex PeopleSoft related programs like SQR, App Engine, PeopleCode, COBOL etc., Prepares detailed analyses, plans, diagrams and procedures within a technical design document for existing and proposed PeopleSoft applications. Determines the effort involved in implementing new systems or enhancements to existing systems due to changes in user requirements, legislative mandates, new software releases, changes in equipment configurations, etc. Suggests technical solutions to enhance business processing efficiency of existing and/or new processes. Demonstrates developed functionality to agency staff prior to the implementation of new or revised technical systems and offers advice and guidance during the implementation process. Performs on-call or scheduled after hours work as required.
Required Minimum Qualifications
1. Graduation from a four-year college or university with the last year of major coursework in data processing, computer science, business or a related field. Each year of related experience over the required minimum may be substituted for one year (30 semester hours) of required college credit.
2. Three years of related PeopleSoft development experience.
3. Three years of experience in development work using PeopleSoft tools.
4. Three years of experience using SQL with an Oracle database.
5. Three years of experience of writing SQR programs.
6. Three years of experience of PeopleSoft PeopleCode.
7. Prefer experience with PeopleSoft Micro Focus COBOL.
8. Prefer PeopleSoft Integration tools experience.
9. Prefer experience with PeopleSoft Financials.
10. Prefer experience with web services and SOA architecture.