Oracle Database Administrator [State Govt.]
ORACLE DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
Location: Austin, TX
Duration: LongTerm and also available full-time
Performs highly complex database administration work in the Information Systems’ Production Control and Operations Section. Work involves defining, developing, maintaining, and monitoring integrated database system environments for ERS application areas. Work is primarily within a PeopleSoft environment running under IBM's AIX platform utilizing Oracle RDBMS. Works under general direction of the Database Administrator Team Lead and the Assistant Director of Information Systems with latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Provides accurate and timely system and database administration for ERS applications areas, including human resources, payroll, benefits, pension, claims and investments. Insures the integrity, reliability and performance of the database environment for development and production systems. Provides timely technical support for client/server and web environments, both development and production. Provides technical assistance and instruction for development, end-user and operations staff to help facilitate adherence to defined standards. Develops standards and procedures governing version management, security, backup/recovery, database usage and performance/tuning. Evaluates and recommends system and database management software and supporting tools. Coordinates activities with vendors for timely implementation of software maintenance. Assesses future information requirements in order to develop long-range, comprehensive database plans. Attends work regularly in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies. Complies with all applicable agency policies and procedures, including safety and standards of conduct. Performs On-call or scheduled after hours work as required.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in data processing, computer science, management information systems, business or related field; or attainment of a diploma from a two-year technical school with specialization in computer technology. Each year of related experience over the required minimum may be substituted for one year (30 semester hours) of required college credit.
- 7 years’ experience in progressively difficult technical computer systems support roles, including four years’ experience as an Oracle database administrator.
- 2 years’ experience in the performance tuning of Oracle database environments.
- Prefer 5 or more years of experience as an Oracle database administrator.
- Prefer 3 or more years’ experience in the performance tuning of Oracle database environments.
- Prefer 4 years working with system and database management tools.
- Prefer 2 years’ experience working with Unix.
- Prefer 1 year experience supporting PeopleSoft environments.
- Prefer 2 experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager, RMAN, and Toad.
- Prefer 1 year experience as a MSSQL Server database administrator.