• Hands-on development experience is critical to this role and will constitute a majority of the responsibility.
• Flexible and thrive in an evolving environment.
• Must have the ability to adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner.
• 7+ years of Java/J2EE development experience
• Hands on experience in designing, developing and successful deployment of large scale, Java/J2EE projects from end-to-end.
• Hands on experience in following the iterative and agile SDLC.
• Extensive knowledge and application of Java best practices and J2EE design patterns along with experience with application servers (i.e. Weblogic, WebSphere, JBoss, etc.), and Oracle database servers.
• Experience in implementing design patterns and should be able to adapt to the changing patterns quickly.
• Experience in various performance analysis and tuning techniques.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills are essential.
• Production Support experience.
• Demonstrated analytical and reverse engineering experience.
• Prior work experience in the financial industry.
• Hibernate, Eclipse Modeling Framework or other ORM tool experience.
• Prior work experience in OSCache, JCache or other caching API.
• SQL performance tuning.