Energy Resourcing Group posted almost 5 years ago
FullTime | Staffing Agency | Amarillo, TX
MUST BE FULLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK FOR ANY COMPANY IN THE US
Our client is a leader in crude and natural gas transportation, gathering, and processing.
This is a field office position in an area that is growing due to the increase in oil and gas demand. The compensation/benefits are very good and the company is consitently listed as a top place to work.
The selected candidate will provide and/or coordinate technical support related to electrical and power system design, modifications, documentation and engineering initiatives. Provide field support for control and power system start-up services for the Pipeline Engineering Department and Regional Operations.
- Provide power system technical support for internal stakeholders.
- Maintain accurate power system documentation utilizing SKM Power Tools.
- Provide engineering commissioning support to the various internal engineering groups.
- Collaborate with and provide power system technical support to the energy management group.
- Collaborate with technical standards group to ensure engineering design standards, equipment specifications, and engineering construction specifications meet U.S. regulatory requirements and reflect U.S. practices.
- Ensure equipment start-up is functioning properly and proper procedures and standards have been followed.
- Coordinate commissioning activities with all project stakeholders.
- Development of a project deficiency list in order to close the loop on post project activities.
- Provide engineering services to project managers for capital project scope and cost commitments related to power system and commissioning tasks.
- Participate or orchestrate all pre-commissioning/commissioning activities as well as hands on testing.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements to the electrical systems through on-going R&D, power system and commissioning support and lessons learned analyses.
- Establish working relationships with a cross-section of stakeholders within the company, equipment manufacturers, vendors, and services providers.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ years’ progressive experience in plant related electrical and power systems from design through commissioning and startup
- Experience in Natural Gas facilities a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an accredited university or college.
- Experience with 480V and medium voltage motor control.
- Experience with VFD’s, medium voltage switchgear, and power distribution systems.
- Experience with SKM and/or ETAP
- Experience with process control instrumentation, PLC controls, pressure transmitters, SCADA, pipeline hydraulics, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal communication and computer skills.
- Ability to solve technical problems as they arise and make decisions on how a problem’s solution will impact the immediate problem and the system as a whole.
- Be able to regularly shift between planned and unplanned activities, while remaining effective despite the resulting disruptive effects.
- Proven capability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments and meet established deadlines while managing stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form. This includes the ability to effectively interact with peers, internal stakeholders and equipment vendors. Strong written communications abilities, including good spelling and grammar are essential for this position