MS SQL Server DBA with ORACLE DBA Experiences
Unedollar posted almost 5 years ago
Contract | Staffing Agency | | 12 Months Austin, TX
Position Title: Database Administrator
LONG TERM OPPORTUNITY
Performs highly complex database administration work in the Information Systems’ Technology Section. Work involves defining, developing, maintaining, tuning, and monitoring integrated database system environments for ERS application areas. Work is primarily within Microsoft SQL Server environments. Works under general direction of the Database Administrator Team Lead and the Assistant Director of Information Systems with latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
• Provides accurate and timely system and database administration for ERS applications areas.
• Installs, configures, upgrades, and patches database software and related products.
• Insures the integrity, reliability and performance of the database environment for development, test, and production systems.
• Provides timely technical support for environments for development, test, and production systems.
• Provides technical assistance and instruction for development, end-user and operations staff to help facilitate the adherence to defined standards.
• Develops and maintains standards and procedures governing version management, security, backup/recovery, database usage and performance/tuning.
• Evaluates and recommends system and database management software and supporting tools.
• Coordinates activities with vendors for timely implementation of software maintenance.
• Assesses future information requirements in order to develop long-range, comprehensive database plans.
Required Minimum Qualifications
1. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in data processing, computer science, management information systems, business or related field; or attainment of a diploma from a two-year technical school with specialization in computer technology. Each year of related experience over the required minimum may be substituted for one year (30 semester hours) of required college credit.
2. Five years of experience in progressively difficult technical computer systems support roles.
3. Three years of experience as a MS SQL database administrator.
4. Prefer three years of experience as a MS SQL Server database administrator.
5. Prefer two years of experience tuning sql.
6. Prefer two years of experience in performance tuning MS SQL Server database environments.
7. Prefer three years working with system and database management tools.
8. Prefer one year of experience with Oracle databases.
Work is performed in an office environment. The ERS will conduct a criminal history check on the primary and secondary candidates recommended for the position. Performs on-call or scheduled after hours work as required.