This company is not verified by Jobhuk.
Job Opportunity | Chief Medical Officer | Long Beach, CA | Full Time
- Board Eligible or Board Certified
Position: Chief Medical Officer
Location: Long Beach, CA
Duration: Full Time
- Supervise Medical Director, Director Quality Improvement, Director Behavioral Health, Director Pharmacy Services, Director Utilization Management, Director Credentialing, and Administrative Assistant.
- Adheres to the company and/or departmental confidentiality standards and HIPAA compliance programs.
- Adheres to the company and/or departmental fraud and abuse prevention/detection policies and programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to abide by facilities policies
- Ability to maintain attendance to support required quality and quantity of work
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers
- Additional Skills and Knowledge: Computer literacy. Interpersonal communication skills. Organizational and management skills. Problem Solving & Analytical Ability
- Knowledge of applicable state, federal and third party regulations.
- Doctorate Degree in Medicine (MD or DO). Knowledge of Quality Accreditation Standards.
- Required Experience:
- 4 years HMO/Managed Care with line management responsibility. 5 years clinical practice.
- 2 years Utilization/Quality Program Management. Familiarity and experience in the local market desirable.
- Valid Medical License (free of sanctions from Medicaid) in the applicable State Plan. Board Certification in recognized medical specialty, primary care preferred. Must be free of sanctions from Medicaid or any other government program and without restrictions that would affect job performance.
- Master’s in Business Administration, Public Health, Healthcare Administration, etc.
- Prefer Peer Review, medical policy/procedure development, provider contracting experience.