Ab Initio Architect
This highly-visible, demanding leadership position plays an integral role in the architecture of our datawarehousing environment, with heavy emphasis on Ab Initio. You will be responsible for all aspects of the technology lifecycle:
- Supporting major project initiatives to on-board existing systems and new business functions containing 100's of terabytes to petabytes of data
- Scoping/Estimating though the project lifecycle
- Designing infrastructures for critical applications and business processes in a cost effective manner
- Influencing/Implementing corporate standards for application and infrastructure design
- Driving the infrastructure lifecycle including expansions, technology refresh and version upgrades.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of delivery such as financial planning, HA and DR planning, technical design and project execution planning. This position requires a close working relationship with Development Managers across all Business Units, the DW Architecture Team, Project Management Teams, Production Support Teams and Technology Infrastructure Management. Direct responsibilities include the design of complex, multi-system environments including production, test and development environments.
You will be accountable for the integration of hardware, operating systems, tools and connectivity for the target technology solution to meet business requirements. Also, you will handle configuration and capacity planning, systems performance analysis and optimization. In addition, you will structure and maintain the firm's software and hardware requirements.
As a Architect you will provide expert knowledge of technical architecture, and serve as Subject Matter Expert to Business, Operations and Technology teams on various technologies.
Must have skills
- A minimum of 7-10 years experience in highly available operations, preferably with large-scale systems (multi-terabyte) and/or Big Data systems
- Broad knowledge of various technology architectures for example storage, networking, databases, Linux, AIX, Windows, Web Servers, load balancing, archiving systems, etc
- Demonstrated expertise with the following:
- Ab Initio Architecture, Scaling Planning and implementation
- Strong Knowledge of other Data warehousing tolls and products
- Multiple database technologies such as Oracle, SQL Server
- Large (multi-terabyte) data warehouses
- Experience in capacity planning, systems performance analysis and product planning
- Systems planning and design engineering skills
- Experience in financial analysis for technology
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- he ability to operate in a complex and challenging environment
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills and advanced presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, comprehend and be responsive to customer needs, work under tight deadlines, and work independent
- Experience with Cloud technologies Private vs public, blended environments